Galaxy S8 Service Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Galaxy S8 Service Issues

This is a pain and has impacted the following:
-dropped calls. seem to be getting worse.
-no internet connection. even while at home (strangely enough I still get fb, just nothing else sometimes)
-while driving drops GPS signal or not connecting so unable to get directions at all.
-asking Google a questions. I know the phone is not working, as most the time comes back with "there is no address for Xxxxxx" (it's usually same person)..
Pls I need help.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @red_angel,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I can certainly understand how degraded wireless service can be frustrating to deal with. Can you provide some details as to what troubleshooting steps you've taken to try and resolve this? 

Have you tried some of the suggestions provided in this thread, such as backing up your phone and doing a factory reset? Swapped out your SIM card?

Look forward to hearing back!

RogersCilio

Highlighted
I've Been Around

We are having the same issues. We just upgraded to S8's last week and its been nothing but problems. We are sitting on the couch with 2 s8's and 1 is in roaming and one in LTE.  I called Rogers and they sent out 2 new S8's since we were under the 15 day lemon policy and guess what the exact same thing. My phone is going from LTE to roaming and then back to 4g in less then a minute and its sitting in the same exact spot. I put my sim card back in my old phone and it has good service. So in less then 2 weeks I have had 4 s8's in my house and not 1 of them has been reliable at all.  

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sheila2018

Habe you tried to contact Samsung Canada directly and see if they know about this? It can't be that 4 of the same products have the same problem. Must be something internal or software issue.

Contact them and see what they say.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sheila2018 wrote:

We are having the same issues. We just upgraded to S8's last week and its been nothing but problems. We are sitting on the couch with 2 s8's and 1 is in roaming and one in LTE.  I called Rogers and they sent out 2 new S8's since we were under the 15 day lemon policy and guess what the exact same thing. My phone is going from LTE to roaming and then back to 4g in less then a minute and its sitting in the same exact spot. I put my sim card back in my old phone and it has good service. So in less then 2 weeks I have had 4 s8's in my house and not 1 of them has been reliable at all.  

@sheila2018

Return the S8 and ask for a Note 8, multiple people have posted the Note 8 doesn't suffer from this issue.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

The Galaxy s8 screen is partially colored differently. For example, if my phone are on a white screen, i can see a little more red screen split from a third of the screen