Galaxy S8 Service Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Galaxy S8 Service Issues

Hey @RogersMaude,

I have tried very similar things like @murrayjess.
I have done:
1. Factory resetting the phone
2. Swapping different SIM cards
3. Refreshing/resetting the network (done through Rogers chats)
4. Safe mode

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I just go my note 8. I can report that it does not have any issues so far. There is an update, I haven't installed it yet. I wanted to wait a day or so. This way after I do install the update and if I start seeing connection issues, then I know it was the software update and not the phone
Highlighted

Hi @murrayjess & @Arya1998,

Thanks for the updates, and keep us posted on your results!

RogersShaun

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Having the EXACT same issues. Live in Brampton. Have an S8 that has been working beautifully until last week. Suddenly unable to make calls. When I dial it just says "dialling" for 20 seconds then disconnects. People call me and it goes straight to voicemail. If I'm lucky enough to successfully have a call go through, it drops after 30 seconds. I am beyond annoyed and frustrated. I have tried:

1. Switching SIM cards
2. Factory reset
3. Disconnecting home wifi
4. Turning phone on/off 100 times
5. Deleting apps

Nothing works. It seems to be worse at home. Went into a Rogers store and it only malfunctioned twice. After an hour and a half at the store I was no closer to having this thing work. I drive away and try to call BrightStar to have the phone returned under device protection and... you guessed it... call wouldn't go through. It's not the network because my roommate has the Google Pixel2 and has absolutely no issues connecting. There is 100% a problem with the Rogers network and the S8 phones. Had the S4 and S6 and never had issues. This needs to be fixed asap because I am sick of paying for a phone I can't use. I have 2 cells, internet, tv and home monitoring with Rogers which = way too much money being spent monthly to have a non-functioning phone. When you call tech support they say they have never heard of this problem. Thankfully this board exists so I know I'm not crazy and this isn't an isolated incident.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The issue is with the s8 and s8+. Rogers sent me the note 8 as a a
Swap and i haven't had and issue yet. The Note 8 works like it should.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Good to know! Well they're sending me another S8. If the problem persists then I'll request the Note. Thanks for the update!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I haven't been getting text messages properly because my signal constantly drops at home.. my god I'm so annoyed
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Start contacting tech support. Even if you have to do so daily. It establishes a trail. It's totally frustrating, especially when these overpriced phones and plans don't do what they're supposed to. But mention this thread and that others are havibg the same issue. That seemed to do the trick and they're sending me a new phone.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

This keeps happening to me too. I love the phone but its becoming a real distraction & nuisance when it keeps happening. Very frustrating. Will be contacting them tomorrow about this

Highlighted

Good evening @jpg37,

Welcome & thanks for your contribution to the Community!

Experiencing issues with your cellular device is definitely a pain to deal with. I understand your frustration.

Were you able to reach our technical support team to obtain the assistance you needed with your phone?

Let us know if you require further assistance!

RogersMaude