Galaxy S8 Service Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Galaxy S8 Service Issues

My galaxy S8 keeps going in and out of "no service" every 30 seconds happens maybe 6 or 7 times repeatedly and it constantly does this.

***Edited Labels***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Galaxy S8 Service Issues

Getting the same issue, and data connection when available is extremely slow!! What's going on @Rogers? Its getting really frustrating!! 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Zavyn

Yes i notices that on my buddies S8+ as well. Something is happening.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Arya1998

Many are reporting this to Rogers via Twitter and Facebook. Hopefully it gets fixed asap.
I've Been Here Awhile

happening again today...

I'm Here A Lot

I've been dealing with this issue for 3 months now. I first noticed it would happen about 1-3 times a day on my breaks at work. I thought it might be a sim card issue so I had the sim card replaced. Seemed good for a few days. Then it started again.

I then sent the S8+ back to Samsung for repair. They sent it back saying they fixed two things ( they didn't say what). It didn't fix the issue, if anything it was worse then ever. I then called Rogers, complained and they said they would swap the phone for a refurbished phone ( I wasn't happy about that ) but if it fixed the issue who cares. 

Well i can say NOPE... the refurbish phone was even worse then my new one. The refurbish phone they sent me was an even older S8+ because it had like 4 updates, i had to installed when i first booted the phone up. So need less to say, I could rule out that it was an issue with a batch of bad phones.

So i called Rogers again they said, this time we will swap the phone with a new S8+. I got the new one in last week and same thing, Network drops. So 3 S8+ phones and they all have the same issue. It has to be the S8 series of phones. I can see one phone maybe two.... but 3 phones?

I am now waiting on Rogers to send me the Note 8 to replace this S8+.. I can tell you I don't have high hopes that the Note will be any better... 

Ps.. I downloaded an app that monitors the network so i could see how many times it dropped while the screen was off. It seem to happen more when it was on LTE+ but not sure..

Hello @Zavyn, @Arya1998, & @murrayjess

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

An intermittent connection is never fun to deal with especially when it’s happening so often on a pretty new device like the S8 & S8+.

We definitely want to investigate this fully for you. Currently, we are not tracking any issues related to those devices so we will need to gather more information on what is happening.

• Does this issue happen everywhere or does it seem to happen more frequently in certain areas?
  • How many signal bars appear on the device when it is working properly?
  • Does it seem completely random or do you notice the connectivity drops more often at a specific time of the day/night?

@murrayjess - Let us know how things go with the Note 8!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey @RogersTony,

The problem seems to be happening randomly throughout areas in the GTA, I've seen it more in Brampton.

When it does work, it will show 4 out of 5 bars in LTE and sometimes LTE+... But regardless the speed tests that I have done only result in about 4 to 6 Mbps download.
Signal seems to drop randomly throughout the day, but for me I've noticed it more when I'm using my data connection, and randomly it'll tell me I have network connection issues, and the signal will die out for a few seconds, sometimes has even remained dead for a few minutes.

I've even tried putting the device in safe mode in case an app is interfering, however the problem still remained...
I'm Here A Lot

It happens everywhere. I work in Guelph Ontario and i live in Cambridge Ontario. It is random when the connection drops. It seems to have issues with the LTE/LTE+ I've seen it flicker between them both then drop everything for a few minutes.

There is the odd time I've seen it say LTE and I can't go to any web page. I had another note 5 hooked up to Rogers (wife's phone) right beside me. And it was able to get on web pages. While mine would just sit on loading the page then time out. I would have to reboot to fix the issue.

Things I have tried.
1. Reset phone.
2. New SIM cards
3. 3 different s8+ phones
4. Reset network.
5. Boot in safe mode.
5. Rogers tech told me it might be my Google accout. They said to create a new one when first setting up phone.. I knew this would be the case. But why not give it a try.

I factory reset the phone. As the phone booted up for the first time after factory reset. I was at the fist screen, waiting to push next. The network dropped and said emergency calling only.

Well that ruled out Google ID issue and and app issue..

Good evening,

Thank you for your replies!

I can totally imagine the inconveniences caused by the issues you're experiencing on your S8 devices and we definitely want to help you find a proper resolution.

We appreciate that you provided us with the troubleshooting completed thus far @murrayjess.

If it has not already been done, we would like to escalate this to the attention of our Technical Support team, in order to further investigate what is happening. To do so, we'll have to access your account and open a ticket. Could you please send a Private Message @CommunityHelps when you're back online and available?

You can find instructions on our private messaging system, here.

@Arya1998 - What other measures have you tried, beside putting the device in "Safe Mode"?

We need to make sure that we rule out any other potential problem that could be causing this to happen.

Thanks!

RogersMaude