Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

Hi @corey170,

In this case, I would definitely recommend sending it off for repair. 

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

yes its working perfectly

I Plan to Stick Around

Gave up. Rogers is finally admitting it is a known issue but I bitched my way through to get them to replace my Samsung for the iphone 6S plus.
I'm Here A Lot

Who did you contact, ie what department/number to make that happen?

I'm pretty over this, even if i do have an escalated ticket they're working on 😕
I Plan to Stick Around

I dialed *611 from my phone directly and spoke to a general call rep. Before you proceed, have a look of what steps I took.

1. Went through all the general troubleshooting.

2. new sim, network refresh, factory reset, and warranty repair. 

After sending it in, it didn't get fixed but they still requested me to send it in again. I'm like I sent it in already and nothing was fixed so I don't want to waste my time again. They agreed to send me a replacement phone. After using for like 1 month, problem appeared and I went through all those stupid steps again and sent it in again. This time, the problems came up again the next day I got the phone back.

So I called in and expressed my annoyance and request a different phone. I was talking to the Buyer's Remorse team regarding the swap. Here's the stupid part. I requested the 6S Plus but they sent me the 6S instead. I called in again and was like . .... the rep was like send the iphone back first, then we'll submit a new request to send you the 6S plus. I'm like NO! It was your fault that you sent me the wrong phone. They had transfer me to the manager to get everything worked out. 

The manager was nice and easy going so we settled on me using the 6S for now, send the S7 Edge back first, and use the 6S plus when I receive it. I'm waiting for the 6S Plus while using the 6S. I wanted the Pixel or the iPhone 7 lol but they wouldn't allow me. They also charged me $35 for the swap but I'm like w/e jsut get me a working phone.

TL;DR

Sent phone in, didn't get fixed, replacement. Replacement phone had same problem, sent in again and nothing got fixed again. Swapped to Apple.

I apologize for English was not my strongest subject so excuse my poor grammar, clarity, and choppiness lol.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the write up!
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the detailed response .. sad we have to go through all this with Rogers as it seems the s7 incompatibility is not so much with other carriers,,  Have gone through all that  too,, putting it to factory again after MONTHS of nothing from rogers... oh yes I have 2 outstanding files to get it fixed,, three weeks ago I was told it was to be fixed ( if there is such an animal ) that day... welll   lll  not so much... haven't heard back since... grrr.. 

I would like to just give in the s7 edge and get a refund. period ,   Never had problems with the s4, that would do me for now,, I will even stay in the stinking 2 year agreement.. just take this phone away..  and all those programs to transfer phone to laptop to phone.. non worked,, the store rep said this wasn't unfamiliar to him.. guess that is why he didn't do anything for me... as I was told on the phone he would transfer over , factory reset and reinstall  my stufffff.. Anyone else have a battery that gets REAL hot on chargingin , or in VR gear?

I've Been Here Awhile

I own a Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930W8) unlocked and it always connected on the 4G network...never on LTE. I changed my SIM, same thing but when I swap my SIM with one on BELL or FIDO, it can detect the LTE network... I don't understand...

I've Been Here Awhile

@McFly85 wrote:

I own a Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930W8) unlocked and it always connected on the 4G network...never on LTE. I changed my SIM, same thing but when I swap my SIM with one on BELL or FIDO, it can detect the LTE network... I don't understand...

Problem solved Smiley Happy I contacted Rogers tech support by the Chat room and the guy (Bruno) told me that I have an ''internet restriction'' on my account.  He has disable the restriction and now I'm always connected on the LTE network...so far!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

I called them a few days ago and told them everything that's going on and that I've switched the APN settings and that it made a little difference. He said he had to escalate the issue to higher tech support. An hour later higher tech support called me to understand what's going on. He had never heard of this issue. I sent him a link to this forum and he believed me I think. Anyways, he looked over my account and sent me some tips as he believes it is a phone issue and not a phone issue which is totally wrong. The issue is that Rogers' network does not support this phone well because my bell sim works insanely well on this phone. Since I called I haven't dropped LTE unless there is low signal in the are, of witch I know there is one. I'll let you guys know how it lasts