Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

What carrier did you go with? And do u need to be rooted to do that?

I Plan to Stick Around

All of them are the same lol. I didn't root it, didn't need to. Download Odin and flash it. It's really safe and simple. I've been doing this from like note 2 so I'm really comfortable with this.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm having the exact same issue, will drop from "LTE" to 4g and not return back to LTE.  While on 4g i can't make calls, texts are slow to send, etc.  Hard resets, refreshing network settings sometimes gets "LTE" back and phone is fast again, but this a temporary fix goes back to 4g again later.

I should note this all started after returning from a visit the the State, and I bought a roaming package.  I wonder if it's related.  

I'm Here A Lot

Since the recent update I haven't had the issue, maybe it got fixed? I haven't called in to check. However my google maps seems to be acting up.... Is anyone else having the same issue? It doesn't seem to want to give me traffic updates even though my data is clearly on. Just goes ahead and says it's offline
I've Been Around

We have two S7 edges and one S7. All the phones have the latest updates and all have this problem. Talked to Rogers Help line and that was useless. Then I talked to a Samsung rep and what he told me was very concerning. He said they are aware of the issue. They know the phones have trouble communicating with Rogers towers but there is nothing that can be done, the issue will never be resolved? I'm irate now. I have a phone that is on 4g most of the time, can't complete calls and loses the data connection. Rogers better step up and make this right!!
I've Been Here Awhile

like i said send your device back and get repair. Replaced PBA and BGA failure.

a  defective hardware nothing do with firmware .its been a month now my s7 running without a issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

^^This raises a valid point. Many others in here (myself included) have already sent our devices back and had them replaced. This didn't fix the problem, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the problem isn't device related. It could be that we just got a second defective device. If Eternity4ever had their device replaced and it fixed the issue, then it seems like the problem is more likely to be device related. Most people who fix the issue by replacing their device would not come back to the forum so we just never hear of their success in fixing the issue.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I had a whole new device sent to me (NOT repaired). Maybe sending it in for a repair is the right choice after all.

I'm gonna send mine in and see what happens...

I Plan to Stick Around

For what it's worth I just did a factory reset and it's okay so far
I Plan to Stick Around

Never mind, problem is reoccurring sounds like a hardware issue. I tried my sim in a friend's nexus 6p and it was getting Lte no problem. Tried his sim in my s7 and only 4g
I Plan to Stick Around

@Eternity4ever

Still working perfectly? I want to know before I send my device away for repairs.