Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

I have same issues and LTE speed is 3 times slower then other networks.
It was bad choice to switch Rogers from Bell.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got an update this morning. Not sure will it fix the problem or not. I agree. I had 0 problem with Bell and I do regret switching. If it wasn't for the employee plan, I would have never switched.
I Plan to Stick Around

Doesn't seem like it fixed anything. Just went to the BMO back parking on no.3 acrods RC. Got into the BMO building and signal dropped to 4g. Couldn't send text and had to restart phone to pick back up signal. For the love of God can I just cancel my contract? I'm sick and tired of this.
I've Been Here Awhile

Samsung Galaxy S7 Connectivity Issues

Hello,

I've had my Samsung Galaxy S7 for about 3 weeks now and everything seemed fine at first. But shortly after, I noticed that my 4G/LTE drops and I'm left with just the full signal bars. When this happens I lose all data and phone connections. I cannot place a call, text, or go onto the Internet. In order to solve this I've been restarting the phone and it seems to work for a few hours and then does the same thing. Although restarting the phone and resetting network settings makes the phone work, it is only a temporary fix and very frustrating as I'm missing important phone calls and texts. My brother have the same phone and he is experiencing same issues!

I was hoping the latest software update would resolve the issue, but today the connectivity issues are back again, please advise?

Thanks!

I've Been Here Awhile

When I go to my parents cabin I manualy switch to the telus network since rogers signal isn't that great there.  I didn't lose the data at all last weekend so I stayed on the telus towers this week.  It's been 7 days now and I haven't had  the data drop on me at all.  I think everyone has unlimited roaming now.  Maybe some of you can give that a try to confirm I just didn't get lucky this week.

I Plan to Stick Around

Delete all the APN's under mobile networks exept for Rogers LTE

After deleting them change the MMS Proxy to 205.151.11.13 and then run it for a few days and let me know what happens. I've been running it for 2 days now like this and no hiccups yet (fingers crossed).

It is a VoLTE issue and can be also fixed by calling tech support and telling them to turn off VoLTE on their end, not YOURS...

I work for Bell and we don't have these issues here, only switched to rogers cuz they gave me a goiod plan....

Try these out and let me know what happens.

I Plan to Stick Around

MMS Proxy in the Rogers LTE APN

I Plan to Stick Around

I was in the same situation too. I was with Bell and only switched to Rogers because of the EPP at my new job but do I regret the swithc. I've did you posted, hopefully it'll do the trick. Thanks for sharing. 

Cheers,

I've Been Around

Having the same issue with my Galaxy S7 Edge, I had been troubleshooting multiple times with Rogers Tech support.

Phone when switches from LTE to 4G, can't make or receive calls or use data, signal showing full bars on 4G, I have to restart the phone and it will work again for a day or two.

things I have done

- Factory reset (like 3 times)

- disable VoLTE on rogers system and on the cellphone (like 6 times)

- took it to rogers store to reflash it with their device aid software

- Sent it to an authorize samsung repair shop where minor components were replaced but they could't tell me wich components.

I hace a case number with tech support and waiting for they call within 72 hours.

Still no fix, It's really frustating.

I Plan to Stick Around

I had a very similar issue when Rogers first went live with LTE years ago.

The first phone to support LTE was the Samsung s2 skyrocket.

When I would be on LTE, and after a phonecall, I would be downgraded to 4g and be stuck on there.
No calls, no data, till I rebooted or changed preferred bands.

After 2 weeks of escalation(never once took my phone in or reset it) Rogers were able to get it working flawless.

Believe it was an issue with the tower handoff/network switching.

I haven't had the problem with my new s7 edge so maybe problems are specific tower related?