Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

Hi

I'm a Fido customer with a GS7. Just want to let you guys know that some of us Fido customers are having similar issue with our GS7. Someone on the forum also has an LG G5 that was having this issue with Fido, but now he's on Virgin and it's working fine on Virgins/Bell network. I'm leaning towards Rogers/Fido network being the problem here and not our devices as other GS7 users on Bell or Telus are not having this problem as far as I can see from googling.

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Smartphones/thread-id/28437/page/1
I've Been Here Awhile

Btw...just want to add my perspective as a Fido customer running on the same network. Hope it somehow helps solve this issue sooner then later.
I Plan to Stick Around

This makes me even more convinced that it is a network issue. Is there any way that we can get Rogers to formally look into this problem? I'm guessing they don't have tech employees who monitor these forums - just customers with problems.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm have the exact same issue as everyone else on this thread.

Random drops of LTE while everyone else around me has perfect connection (also on Rogers network but they have older devices)

This has happens randomly throughout the day. A reboot of the device doesn't even fix it. I just have to wait patiently and eventually I get LTE back.

Happens at random locations and at random times.

I Plan to Stick Around

Update: Rogers is working on the issue right now and trying to find a solution to the problem. Our voices have been heard. I'll update here with more information when I get it

I've Been Here Awhile

Great to hear!!! What was your source on the info?
I'm Here A Lot

I am having the exact same issues as the original poster. There are 11 pages of comments like this over on the Fido forum as well. People have replaced or "repaired" their phones, replaced SIM cards etc. all to no avail. If Rogers is working on this that's great and I will give them a chance but sounds like switching providers might be the only solution worth trying.

I Plan to Stick Around

I've opened up a ticket with Rogers (reference number is CT09922024). Might I suggest that you all do the same? Maybe if they get enough guys working on this issue they might be able to fix it

I've Been Here Awhile

Just updated the latest firmware and haven't had lte drop
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Everyone,

I'm usually in Vancouver and Richmond and I've been having this problem since day one, May ish. I've tried everything from sim swap, network refresh, factory reset, and warranty repair. Nothing worked so I had to call and request a new one because I've sent it in once and nothing was fixed so I was not convinced that sending it again will fix it.

I got my replacement via mail in like 26hrs, not bad, and I'm still experiencing the problem. It's BETTER than my old one but still drops just not as frequent. I was with Bell for the longest time and ppl kept on telling me Rogers has the best signal etc. All I can say is that I've never missed Bell so much and I have to admit I miss Bell........

Sidenote, I unlocked my first S7E and used Roam Mobility for 3 days and it was flawless so I'm convinced that it's the network.

I really hope Rogers fix this issue because not getting signal, dropping signal, and restarting my phone is inconvenient.