Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

Yes they can, and they do.  I have a brand new Pixel XL here as proof of that.  I've also been posting screenshots of the conversation with Rogers, but the mods keep deleting those.  Read back further and you will see I'm not the only one that they swapped out. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bcsc

Only happens with a few people and not everyone. Only seen 4-5 people getting a replacement unit and one of them had issues with theirs as well. The others said the same. Some have sent into repair instead. If you Contact Samsung then might be able to exchange for u with a new one. Also its not a new devices most of the time. it's a refurbished. You might have gotten a new one due to the Pixel being out for only a couple of weeks where others have been with a device more then a couple of weeks. They get refurbished models. New devices that get released and have issues, u get a new one as a exchange.

Again not everyone will be able to do the exchange thus my post.
I'm Here A Lot

I eventually got a new one.. a manager decided this after problems from day one. be they internet connection problems ,  or not able to phone out/in.. 

before I had 1-2 bars. no lte... not 3-4 bars , lte on off....  Haven't had internet problems at all.

The explanation made good sense , the first rolling off the line for pre sale people may not have been as good..

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ctx1300

Exactly. It seems like it has been from the start batch is causing this. As for the new one, some managers will do it if they see fit. Not all
I'm Here A Lot

Yes, I had talked to MANY managers over the months past.. it really helped to have explained the whole thing to this great tech who explained the problems and open tickets I had..
Have to give Rogers credit for eventually getting it right,, I am sure they would be going broke if they responded by exchanges on first complaint..
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ctx1300

Yeah it takes time to eventually get something going but glad u got the exchange done.

Agreed but i noticed they need to take time to work with Samsung or any manufacture and figure it out before taking this action. Within 30 days I have the exchange policy but after that u need to fight hard to get it.
I Plan to Stick Around

This issue is what I was looking for.

I can leave my home (so WiFi is lost) and the phone often displays 4G with no data access (phone and SMS seem to work).  There's a cell tower half a kilometer away, so for the last couple years I always get and LTE connection.

I can even go to a location where I would normally get an LTE+ connection, but it will then change to a 4G connection and data does not work (cannot access Internet).

So from the few comments I read, is taking the phone to Samsung the best solution?

I Plan to Stick Around

Apparently that's one way to do it. A quick and easy fix is to disable LTE band 4 (instructions are about 15-20 posts back). I did this and haven't had a single problem for almost a month now. Man it sure is nice to have data everywhere I go again...
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been having this issue too but very sporadically. I think it happens every 6 or 7 days for me. Samsung Galaxy S7 that I got about 5 weeks ago.

I'll have LTE for a while, then it shifts down to 4G, then I lose all cellular/data connectivity and have to reboot the phone. It happened yesterday after work and the phone started to get a bit warm, but returned to normal after the reboot.

I'm going to keep an eye on it as I installed the latest firmware update last night, so I want to see if that helps or not. If it happens again though I'm going to take it in to a Samsung store and have them look at it.

I Plan to Stick Around

The update didn't fix anything. As a matter of fact, I started getting data drops again after the update. Turns out it reset my service mode settings and I had to go back in and select band 17 again. I'm back on LTE again and the data is workin great.

I'm telling you guys, this is a great temporary fix you should all give it a try. Super easy, just go into your phone and type in *#2263# then hit band selection, then LTE, then LTE_17