Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

And make sure VoLTE is enabled so u can still make phone calls
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm now having issues with band 12/17 since the update!! No calls go thru or come in and texting has the same issue!!

I Plan to Stick Around

Mine is dropping out every evening now after the update. Going to try taking it to a Samsung store for repair or replacement.
I Plan to Stick Around

I talked to Rogers support and they suggested disabling VoLTE. They said it could also cause the receiving of duplicate text messages.

I'll see how it goes.
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried selecting band 17, and that didn't work.

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't have band 17 as a choice. I have 1 to 9 then a, b, or c in Vancouver BC. I am trying out band 7 right now which is LTE/GSM. Seems OK so far.
I Plan to Stick Around

Actually I've changed my band to [C] which is "LTE/WCDMA/GSM Auto" and it's worked flawlessly so far.

I've also disabled VoLTE which has prevented the duplicate SMS messages from happening so far as well.

If this lasts for at least a week without losing connection then I'll probably just keep this as a solution for now and think about a new carrier after my contract is up.

I Plan to Stick Around

What exactly do you mean by band "c". Could you describe where it is located (I.e. step by step)?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Pretty similar to your original solution. Type in *#2263# then hit band selection then at the very bottom of the list (after objects 1-9) there should by options abc. Select the last one (C / LTE/WCDMA/GSM) then select the only option in the next menu.

Im gonna try this one as well for the next few days. I'll report any problems I encounter
I Plan to Stick Around

dial: *#2263#

select [1] Band Selection

select [C] at the bottom,  confirm selection on next screen