Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

Hey three7tyz, this helps a lot.. I can find tech somewhere and give them the info to be done.. hope my success is as good as yours , cuz it is SO annoying,, as you know..
I Plan to Stick Around

Did you disable the volte on you phone too?
I'm Here A Lot

I didn't have to as it says not registered anyways. This change must be made by Rogers on their end. I made no setting changes on my phone.
I've Been Here Awhile

i have the exact same issues with everyone else on here. i had Rogers send out my S7  for repair ,they replaced PBA -other -BGA FAILURE and minor component parts so far everything running smooth now no drop calls and LTE problem.

I recommend everyone with the same issues send your device in for a repair.

I Plan to Stick Around

Some of us sent our phones in for fixing and nothing worked. I even got a replacement phone but still same issue. Good for you that it got fixed, knock on wood. Lol
I Plan to Stick Around

Ya I think all these people who think they found a "fix" have really just not given it enough time to see the symptoms again. I got a new phone and it seemed fine for a week, but then the problems returned. I also had a Rogers tech disable the VoLTE signal for my account and it fixed it for a week, but again the problems returned. I switched my MMS proxy and still the problem persists. 

Give it time, the problem will return. Give it more time, these guys will eventually fix the problem. Give it even more time, your contract will end and we can all finally switch carriers.

I'm Here A Lot

Ironic since your title says you plan to stick around hahaha. My update I'd as follows, I was going to send my phone in but then decided I did not want to deal with that hassle for nothing so I decided to call and check to see the status of the situation over at Rogers. As mentioned before the tech notified me that they have now acknowledged that a small % of Rogers S7 users are experiencing this issue and that they are working with Samsung engineers to find a solution. So bassically just sit tight.... However I do plan on calling back for some kind of compensation for this large inconvenience.
I Plan to Stick Around

I just thought of something. It's almost clear that it's the firmware / software issue. For those more tech savvy ppl, you can try flashing the firmware to bell or telus. I believe that will fix it. If it's just Roger's firmware causing the trouble, I think this will work.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All Canadian Carriers use the EXACT same firmware, only the CSC is different. So using Bell/Telus Firmware won't make a difference. Also this issue has been happening since the Galaxy S6, this is why I ended up selling my S6, I needed a phone that could make calls.

I Plan to Stick Around

I went on SamMobile to find another carrier's rom. I installed and it's been a week and no drop calls or anything like that. The only thing that bugs me is that they replaced "LTE" with "4G". You may be thinking that's not LTE blah blah blah. I tested the speed and it's LTE indeed. From time to time i'd see 4G+ too lol. 

I'll see how things go for now. To be honest, I hate my phone showing "4G" instead of "LTE" despite it really is LTE.