Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

I don't think it's because of an app. I've ran the phone with only stock apps and still the same issue. I also don't think it's location based, since in based in Richmond/Vancouver. It would be pretty horrible network coverage for me to not have data in the middle of Vancouver.
I Plan to Stick Around

Maybe its just a west coast thing? I was in halifax for 6 days a couple weeks ago and I had service the entire time (although it did switch to roaming sometimes - even though Halifax is nowhere near any borders).

I've Been Around

Hi wondering if anyone else is having this issue,

I bought my S7 Edge last week and I started noticing that my phone will drop all internet data connection randomly at times... Usually the only solution that works is if I reset my phone, quite annoying when it needs to be done 3-4 times a day. I've checked that my sim card works on my old phone (HTC M8) and it doesn't have the same issues. 

Anyone have a solution?

I've Been Here Awhile

Seems there are a lucky few who have had this issue myself included. It was extremely frustrating, they sent me a refurbished phone which still had the same issue so I sent it back, I swapped out my SIM which didn't help either. Finally after hours on the phone they sent me a bran new device. It's been about 3 weeks now and (knock on on wood) the issue seems to be resolved. I still get the odd text that needs to be resent but I can live with that.

I'm Here A Lot

I have the same issue.  I tried

• calling customer support who did some sort of reset on their side
  • resetting the mobile (WiFi, phone, LTE)
  • default the entire phone
  • new SIM

Now the phone is in for repair (nearly 2 weeks).  It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but if I were you I would immediately request a new S7 or return it altogether. If you wait more than 2 weeks you have to go through the repair process I am going through.

I'm Here A Lot

I am on the West Coast and have this issue, but only here in Vancouver.  The curious thing is I was in Ontario (Toronto/Hamilton/Ottawa) for 10 days and thought it was fixed, but as soon as I got home it started to play up again.

I'm Here A Lot

By the way - please post as much info and as specific as possible.  If I still have the problem when I get my phone back from repair and it recurs, I am going to try the "Go Public" route with CBC.  So, the more posts and info on this problem the better.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone noticed this problem in any area other than Vancouver or Victoria? I think it's something wrong with the towers around here not being compatible with our accounts/phones. I've only been with Rogers for a couple months and so far the experience has been pretty horrible. I miss Bell Smiley Sad

I'm Here A Lot

My phone was away for repair for 2 weeks and has now been returned.  Apparently no fault found.  I reloaded all my apps over WiFi, turned off WiFi to test mobile data.  Worked fine for about 2 hours (initial Speedtest gave approx 12.5 Mb download, 2.5 Mb up, but after that it went to <4 Mb down and 0.01 Mb up.  Sometimes Speedtest would not run at all (no network connection).

Reboot phone and all is well again.

For the last 2 weeks I was using my old S3 - didn't have a single problem with mobile data.

I Plan to Stick Around

I did some testing with text messaging today. One of the texts was an hour late, which makes me not want to use sms at all any more. As far as data loss goes, my data cut out today (it still says 4g on my phone but websites can't load and all apps are offline). I was sitting right next to my friend who also has a GS7 on Rogers and his data worked fine. Had anybody experienced this problem when connected to LTE?
Topic Stats