Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

Yuo don't need to switch networks. What you need to get timely update direct from Samsung is to buy their unlock phones. I bought the s7 international version and got the july 1 patch as soon as it was released by samsung. Pricey not really but you dont need to stress on security patch or updates.

I Plan to Stick Around

You are right, except the international version does not have all the Rogers LTE bands...for me I am mainly in urban areas and mostly use band 4 and 7...but other areas may rely on band 12 and 13..

Open up the phone dialer and type in *#0011# and you will see the band in use.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

You will also not get all features (VoLTE, etc) if you purchase a non Rogers branded phone.
I'm Here A Lot

I'm using it and haven't experience any issues. 

If you really need total compatibility you can always get the USA unlocked version.

Which I'm pretty sure will have the bands your looking for.

I'm Here A Lot

Then make a choice you want VoLTE or you want a phone that will get latest patch as soon as it comes.

@GibMcFragger wrote:
You will also not get all features (VoLTE, etc) if you purchase a non Rogers branded phone.

I Plan to Stick Around

I've seen users who have the g935fd and they got HD calling working on t T-Mobile.
I'm Here A Lot

I'm using SM-G930F w/ latest July 1 patch.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the G935U (American unlocked version) and it's only sitting on the May security patch...carrier features such as voLTE and voWIFI aren't working with Rogers since it is not a Rogers IMEI.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Being that the probability of having a security issue because i don't have the newest security patch is miniscule, I'll opt for all the features working.
I'm Here A Lot

To each his own. For me latest OS updates are important. As long as I can make calls, send txt and download is fast I don't care much bout voLTE.