cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

highka
I'm here a lot
When would there be Galaxy S7/Edge users receive OTA firmware updates, containing monthly security patch updates? It's still at April security patch level and users of other carriers have been getting June update as early as late May.
Please do not disregard customer concerns or assume that average customers won't notice or care about the updates thus not making complaints about really late updates.
I hope to be receiving updates, hopefully the latest which willbe July update, soon.
210 REPLIES 210

Re: Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

Most likely. My buddy got the update and said the WiFi Calling wasn't working most of the time and couldn't activate it..

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor
Yea it's still down for me. I'm activated because it had been working since I flashed the Telus update a week ago. A couple days ago it went dead and is constantly asking to activate again.

bottleb
I plan to stick around
Been prettystable for me for the last two days!! Probably will continue roll out shortly!!

rutteger75
I've been here awhile
If I got my device from the Samsung store in Canada, should I have Wifi calling? I've been trying to activate it and get an error saying my device isn't eligible. Thought it might have to do with the delayed rollout, but I've read it can happen in countries outside of Canada.

bottleb
I plan to stick around
Pretty sure you need a Rogers IMEI. Same for. Video call and volte

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @rutteger75

Unfortunately not that I know off. The device must be from Rogers and the IMEI must be in a Rogers account.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bottleb

I hope so! Many are having issues it seems like.

GibMcFragger

Unfortunately, since you didn't purchase it from a Rogers retailer (as a Rogers branded device), you won't get VoLTE or Wi-Fi calling.

You can see if they will add the IMEI to their database, but I can't promise that will help as it still won't be listed as a Rogers device.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
never again will i purchase directly from Samsung. they lied to us saying all functions are supposed!

GibMcFragger

All functions ARE supported. It's ROGERS that chooses to block them for devices not purchased through them, not Samsung. They are supported by the phone, just disabled by Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

All functions are supported but it's up to each carrier to support them. That we can't blame the manufacturer..

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
would be nice to know that before i dropped a grand!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

I do agree to that but the only way u will get straight updates is either with Apple or Nexus line. They push update out constantly. Other manufacturers don't seem to care and even Motorola just a couple of days ago made a statement they won't be supporting monthly updates . so to me it seems manufacturers are starting to do this as well.

" “Because of the amount of testing and approvals that are necessary to deploy them, it’s difficult to do this on a monthly basis for all our devices,” explained the brand in a written statement, “It is often most efficient for us to bundle security updates in a scheduled Maintenance Release (MR) or OS upgrade "

GibMcFragger

Just chatted with Rogers. There is another update being pushed at some point to enable/fix Wi-Fi calling. I guess I guessed correctly on why they pulled the last update.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

Well that's good! Atleast they are fixing that issue and also going to release the update when it's fixed.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Yeah that's true but that's in the states, not Canada but honestly I hope they send out this update ASAP after fixing the issues with WiFi Calling

skip501
I plan to stick around

Hi, @RogersDarrell

The update schedule stills says "available now" for the S7 and S7 edge update. Has the rollout resumed now? If not, can you please give us some further information and a revised timeline? Thank you.

AccordXTC

Any word @RogersDarrell on the update if its resumed or still on hold?

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
giving up on s7. just got note 7

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Getting the Note 7 u mean lol. The device isn't released yet :). Do remember, that WiFi Calling most likely won't be active on that device until they release a update to activate it.
Topic Stats