Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

Have fun getting updates for your new toy Smiley Happy
I'm Here A Lot

Google releases the to the manufacturers, in this case Samsung. Samsung releases it to the carrier's. Samsung releases the July patch today and we at Rogers are still stuck on April.
Rogers is the hold up.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gerry9261

If Samsung even cared about the updates in Canada, they would have done something by now to the carriers or take it into their own hands and send the updates out then selfs. Unfortunately the contract they signed most likely state that the carriers can take their time for the updates to come out. I do agree with u though
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh I will lol hopefully Samsung drops nougat pretty quick when its released.
I Plan to Stick Around

Honestly its not Samsung's fault. This one is 100% rogers. They released the firmware long time ago but rogers is struggling to push the update.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Malek777

Yes but if Samsung cared about their customers and business, don't you think they would Have done something by now? That's what I am saying but again I agree with u
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah I think they should do something. I wish samsung would just handle the updates themselve s.
I Plan to Stick Around

My American S7E is only at the May patch level; nothing newer has been released...

I'm Here A Lot

T Mobile is getting the July update now.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gerry9261

Some carriers will release the updates straight away and some will take their time.