cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

highka
I'm here a lot
When would there be Galaxy S7/Edge users receive OTA firmware updates, containing monthly security patch updates? It's still at April security patch level and users of other carriers have been getting June update as early as late May.
Please do not disregard customer concerns or assume that average customers won't notice or care about the updates thus not making complaints about really late updates.
I hope to be receiving updates, hopefully the latest which willbe July update, soon.
210 REPLIES 210

Re: Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

I'm using it and haven't experience any issues. 

If you really need total compatibility you can always get the USA unlocked version.

Which I'm pretty sure will have the bands your looking for.

Then make a choice you want VoLTE or you want a phone that will get latest patch as soon as it comes.

@GibMcFragger wrote:
You will also not get all features (VoLTE, etc) if you purchase a non Rogers branded phone.

Malek777
I plan to stick around
I've seen users who have the g935fd and they got HD calling working on t T-Mobile.

I'm using SM-G930F w/ latest July 1 patch.

RNEric
I plan to stick around

I have the G935U (American unlocked version) and it's only sitting on the May security patch...carrier features such as voLTE and voWIFI aren't working with Rogers since it is not a Rogers IMEI.

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor
Being that the probability of having a security issue because i don't have the newest security patch is miniscule, I'll opt for all the features working.

To each his own. For me latest OS updates are important. As long as I can make calls, send txt and download is fast I don't care much bout voLTE.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ddedios

Exactly how I feel. As long as i can call, text, go on the Internet and take pictures I am all set. The phone does that right now so updates like that aren't something I worry about. But others do which i see their point too.

bottleb
I plan to stick around
About to flash in odin cause Rogers dont know what to tell me and keep saying we have info.

When i extract the archive, there is BL, AP, CSC etc...

Do you guys flash all or only AP?
Thx

Malek777
I plan to stick around
All

GibMcFragger

I flashed only the AP file first, but had some wierd issues after, so I flashed again with all of them.

*WARNING* It will most likely wipe your phone when you flash the CSC file, because it may detect the Rogers CSC vs the CSC for the carrier the download is actually for. CSC change = wipe.

The software is multiCSC (the exact same for every carrier in Canada), but the CSC is set for each carrier's version. It will switch to the Rogers CSC after boot (based off what SIM card is in the phone).

You can flash everything but the CSC first if you like. If everything works, then you're good. If not, then flash the CSC file seperately after. Back up first, just in case. (it wiped mine).

Changes so far: The phone is smoother, overall. No more stutters (for me).

Camera image quality seems to be better. Appears to be less oversharpening.

Wifi Calling WORKS!!!!!

Malek777
I plan to stick around
i think if you flash csc_home you will keep your data but I'm not sure.

Malek777
I plan to stick around
if wifi calling is working what exactly is rogers working on lol

nitingaba
I plan to stick around

@Bcsc try default_password

The same thing happened to me and after about an hour of looking online I found that problem. 

Also I flashed the AP, BL, CP and Home_CSC files. Originally I skipped the CSC but VoLTE and VoWIFI were not working. Home_CSC will not wipe your data whereas the regular CSC file will. If after booting up it asks you for a password and none of your passwords work try "default_password". Got really tired of waiting for Rogers to release the update that all other Canadian carriers have already released. If the S6 is any indiciation ROGERS will take months to release the exact same update. 

Got WIFI calling up and running! Seems to be running smoother as well so far. No idea what on earth Rogers is waiting on. 

I'm not comfortableflashing software. I have to wait for the OTA. But I'm definitely keeping an eye out for the carrier that gets this kind of thing done in a timely manner. They all gouge you anyway. Might as well get the fastest one next time. One year to go.

GibMcFragger
It's working for me...on and off. It doesn't enable every time I connect to a Wi-Fi network. Sometimes I have to turn Wi-Fi of and on again for Wi-Fi calling to turn on (the icon to appear).

GibMcFragger
I believe that's correct, yes.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Gerry9261

Agreed. Many love to root their devices but honestly I can wait for the OS update to come. The only thing I wonder is why they taking so long for the little updates.

you can always drop to 3G band when that happens.

Rogers can answet that question

Phillipsjonny
I plan to stick around
Rogers update is out...downloaded this morning and wifi calling is up and running.
Topic Stats