Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

Hello @jmatties

Hopefully they fix this issues for you. The only option is sending into repair and see if they will change things for you. ( changed the main board and sensors. )
Highlighted
I've Been Around

i have the att unlocked samsung s7 edge and can someone give me the roger software update dm setting. I would to update to nougat.

press the dailer *#8736364#
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Had to come in to report that with the Nougat upgrade, my light sensor issues seem to have been resolved.  I am a happy guy now.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is anyone else experiencing issues with VoLTE on Nougat? Much like one of the previous updates in July of last year my phone has to switch to 4G to make/receive calls. That's a problem for me because I force my phone to stay on LTE or else it always switches to 4G networks that I can't use (extended network) because they refuse to give me that feature due to my plan. Hopefully they fix VoLTE quickly but I won't get my hopes up. Also I just noticed that my WiFi calling doesn't work either. I don't really mind but yet another broken feature from Rogers.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I stand corrected, just like magic my VoLTE and Wifi Calling just started working again this afternoon just by posting here. Must be Karma. Hope that's the case for everyone!
I'm Here A Lot

I do have a problem with VoLTE (video only) since updating to Android Nougat. It no longer works, period. The voice over LTE still works properly as well as everything else but the video over LTE was an important feature for us.

In speaking w/ Tech Support they stated they haven't heard of this issue being reported by anyone else yet and nothing we tried worked.

Anybody else having issues with VoLTE video calling?
Highlighted

Hi @Soljah,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we haven't been notified about this issue. Just to clarify, what happens when you try to initiate a video call? Does the call not go through at all? Just need a little more info. to recommend troubleshooting steps.

@dlouisseize glad to hear the issue has been resolved for you. Thank you for keeping us posted :).

RogersZia

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Had a couple random lockups and reboots since updating... is this common?  One time happened overnight, while it was charging (assuming it restarted as when I went to get into the phone with my fingerprint it said I had to use my PIN after a restart.  The other day, was in an app, it totally locked up, home didn't work, power button on side unresponsive, left it for a while and it rebooted on its own...

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@RogersZia Over the weekend, I have discussed this issue with Roger Tech Support (RTS) and Samsung and both said they have not heard anything about the VoLTE issues. RTS suggested to go into a Rogers corporate store and do a sim swap as a last step just in case it could be a faulty sim card.

Upon going to the Rogers on Yonge Street in Davisville (Toronto), I got incredibly lucky in speaking with Rogers employee Kade at the store as we happened to have the exact same Rogers phone, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. He was still on Marshmallow and I proceeded to explain my issues.

Again, since updating my Rogers S7 Edge, I can no longer video call over LTE. Voice over LTE still works without issues. My spouse is on Fido with the same phone and got the Nougat update on 20MAR2017. While I was still on Marshmallow, I was still able to video call her over LTE without issues. As soon as I updated to Nougat, I could no longer video call her over LTE, only voice call her over LTE. When we try to video call now, the sender still remains on LTE on the video call screen but the phone doesn't start ringing until the receiver drops down to 3g (5-12 seconds) and then starts ringing but shows up only as a voice call for the receiver.

Since Kade at the Rogers store was still on Marshmallow, we video called a couple of times without any issues in the store. Then we checked and he had the Nougat update available. So I waited in the store while he downloaded and installed Nougat, then we tried to video call over LTE and neither of us could any longer. The same issues as described above were happening where the sender had to wait until the receiver dropped down to 3g before the call would start ringing.

Kade then contacted someone from Samsung about the issues who apparently looked into it and then called back after a bit stating they have no known issues and when they looked into the Nougat update, everything appears to be fine on their end. Then it was apparently suggested it seems to be a Rogers network issue. Kade then stated he would send out a corporate email to inform Rogers staff this may become a more widely reported issue and would try to get in touch with the Rogers Tech staff to find out what the issue(s) is/are and when they plan on fixing this as now his video calling over LTE is 'broken' as well.

In contacting RTS and Samsung, I have already done all the steps they have asked me to do even prior to contacting them. I reset my phone to the factory default approximately 5 times and I also wiped the cache partition several times. I even just skipped all the setup steps and just had the basics on the phone without installing any apps and tried the video calling over LTE and still no luck with the same issues.

Highlighted

Hi @Soljah,

Thank you for taking the time to explain the issue in detail. It's definitely unusual that Kade's VoLTE feature stopped working too. I'd like to help resolve this for you. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps next time you're online.

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, please visit the blog here.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia