Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

Hello @bottleb

Yes but do remember down there they barely even look at the updates. All they do is send them out.

Anyways the update will come when it does and it will be great!
I Plan to Stick Around

Trueeeeee dat.

Hope it fixes ID3 tags not showing via bluetooth in mazda 3
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bottleb

I hope so! Alot of customer are having that issue.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix Yep, too many things can go wrong with an update. Battery drain can go through the roof because of a network tuning parameter, wifi calling could break, etc. etc. It takes a lot effort to ensure a change is an incremental improvement, not win-some-break-some update. Those big corporations specialized in product development made it looks easy to improve products, most people don't realize how difficult it actually is. Carriers are not Apple or Google or Microsoft, they have their own strengths but this is not it.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Hua

Exactly. That's why i guess Rogers takes their time to add their bloatware but to also make sure the device will work fine with everything else and not break anything. A rush can result into bad things causing as u said many issues.
I Plan to Stick Around

So the OS Update sched was updated 15 mins ago but nothing new on it. Seems like nothing changedSmiley Sad
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bottleb

Yeah i seen that too. Maybe had to change Something from before hand. The wait continues lol.
I Plan to Stick Around

WOOT!!!  the os schedule board says MArch 20 for 7.0  to be released for the S7 and S7Edge.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sparky70 and everyone!

That is correct! As of March 20th, Rogers will push out 7.0 Nougat update for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge! This update will bring new and exciting things!

Please remember that the update will be pushed in phases so everyone may not get it the same time!. Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

I am hoping this update will solve the problems I have been having with the light sensor.  Never ever did receive the kernal update that was supposed to happen in December... I am still showing at updated last November 18th.  That was when I started having issues with the auto-darkening feature, for the screen as well, when I put the phone to my face to talk, the screen doesn't dim and so my ear or cheek causes all kinds of things to happen as if I am touching the screen.  If the Nougat update doesn't fix anything, I guess I then will have to return this phone to Rogers for repair.  Also wondering, how long after the 20th, I should wait to see if I am getting the update, since my phone and Samsung switch did not register an update to the kernal after Nov 18th, when everyone else I know got one.