Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

Would be great to have a date.. Nougat was released a month ago
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cstl3722

Hopefully soon they add the date for when Rogers will release it. Samsung released the update to the carriers back a month ago but some carriers take time to add their bloatware, test it and make sure all works well.
I Plan to Stick Around

I know this but it would be great if Rogers could be more precise than Coming Soon
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cstl3722

They usually do once the development team is nearly done and had a idea when it will be released on their end.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd rather not know the date until it's actually ready.

Last time they update Note5 to Marshmallow, they keep pushing the date back several times and made me, among others, frustrated because of the delays.

I've Been Here Awhile

How long does it take to test your terrible bloatware apps that no one even uses? Come on Rogers, once again put to shame. Lots of other carriers have it out already but Rogers is behind like usual. I really would like to know the reason it takes so long.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AyyLmao

Which Canadian carrier has released the update?. You also won't get the answer u want here to be honest. They won't give u that. They will only reply saying they are testing it and to make sure it's working or adding something else in it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

US carriers are upgrading US models, Canadian carriers are not yet. I would rather they get it right than getting it fast.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Hua

Many don't see it that way sadly. They rather get the update pushed out right away and then complain about bugs, issues with connectivity and such. A carrier has to always check the update and make sure even if the bloatware isn't necessary, to make sure the network and all together work fine with that update. Has Rogers taken their time with updates? Yes they have. Many times. But as u said i rather have a safe update then a update which has been pushed out past and has issues. Again that's my opinion.
I Plan to Stick Around

Lol the Philippines have it now.