Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

Thanks RogersRoland but are you saying that with certainty as in you own a S7 and your wifi and voLTE calling has been working fine? Google security patches are one thing but I want my service to work the way I expect it. Please confirm. Thanks!!!
I Plan to Stick Around

Works like a charm here
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @dlouisseize,

I own both GS7 and GS7 edge and I can confirm 100% that WiFi Calling and VoLTE are working just fine since the update. Note that both devices are completely stock and not rooted.

I hope the helps.

Cheers
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same problem. I got my S7 edge from a Samsung store and had to argue to get voLTE and wifi calling enabled. Since the update, both of these features no longer work. Haven’t bothered calling yet to try to get it resolved.
I've Been Here Awhile

Galaxy S7 G930W8VLU2API1 Firmware Dialer problem

Does anyone experience the issue with the dialer on latest Galaxy S7 Firmware -  G930W8VLU2API1

When I make the call, once it is conneced, I get the second dialing in the backgroubnd. Sometimes call disconnects, sometimes other party can't hear me...

Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing similar issue?

I called Rogers and they told me they have quie a few cases with this isue. No resoulution thou until next firmware.

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes. I did get that issue yesterday. Happened a couple of times. Other side answers, and you can still hear the line ringing
I've Been Here Awhile

Well this is a real problem. Is Rogers doing anything to press Samsung to resolve this bug?

Does anyone know how to restore the phone to earlier firmware? I use the phone a lot and this is not acceptable.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @trav909090

I think Samsung Canada and all the carriers at the moment are focusing with all the higher end problems that the Note 7 is having.

Unfortunately you would have to go on XDA or search on Google how to do that. We cant post how to do that here.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is S7 Edge going to get Android N upgrade? If yes, and estimation on ETA?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Hua

Unfortunately at this moment there is no information when the update it will come out for the S7 edge. Watch out for more communication on here and check out the " OS Upgrade Schedule"thread for more information when it gets update.