cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

highka
I'm here a lot
When would there be Galaxy S7/Edge users receive OTA firmware updates, containing monthly security patch updates? It's still at April security patch level and users of other carriers have been getting June update as early as late May.
Please do not disregard customer concerns or assume that average customers won't notice or care about the updates thus not making complaints about really late updates.
I hope to be receiving updates, hopefully the latest which willbe July update, soon.
210 REPLIES 210

Re: Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor
Lol you most likely just made your wait longer. They will fix it for the S7 Edge before they update the Note 7. Remember the Edge has been out for months, and we are just getting Wi-Fi calling now.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

That may be true but if they have fixed the one for the S7 Edge, then the Note 7 won't be that bad to fix and add. The internals are almost the same. As u said the Note 7 is a S7 edge with a S-Pen lol. But I see what ur saying. There will be a wait that's for sure.

skip501
I plan to stick around

@RogersDarrell Can Rogers please show some level of pride in its customer service and acknowledge its community's request for an update on this matter? Please what is the status and revised timeline for this update? Do we need to take this matter public on Twitter?

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

in my  case i will never get an update since its an unlocked device purchased directly from samsung store

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Unfortunately there isn't much to say to that unless Rogers starts supporting unlocked devices. I don't think Bell does either.

ghhfh
I've been here awhile
I had an unlocked BlackBerry Z30 with Rogers (BB10) and I got all the updates literally the a few days after BlackBerry made them available.

I am getting furious about how Rogers is handling security updates.

It is August, and I am still on the April security update.

What. Is. The. Problem?

I've been with Rogers for 10 years now and this is how they treat me? Seriously?

GibMcFragger
You should still be able to get the software off SamMobile and flash the updates yourself using Odin. As long as the model number is the same for yours, any Canadian carrier software will work.

sparky70
I plan to stick around

Yup, I agree, I down loaded the rogers Sw from Samobile and the latest Odin, last night.  Go to youtube and search for flashing the s7 video by MRWOLF.  Follow it including the steps to prevent wiping you data when you flash the phone.  It took me less than 30 minutes.  When i finished I called Rogers and had them activate wifi calling on my line, then activated it on my phone, got their activation code and VOILA wifi calling works perfectly and my phone has the July 1 Security patch.

skip501
I plan to stick around

Just wondering if I'm the only one still waiting for this update? I've tried OTA many times daily, and SmartSwitch. I'm not interested in going the Odin route. I shouldn't have to!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @skip501

I was awaiting for the update until yesterday when I sold my S7 edge. The update should be out soon as what they said.

skip501
I plan to stick around

Thanks @Meowmix. I am not aware of any communication saying "soon". @RogersDarrell has not replied to this thread in a couple of weeks. Are you aware of some additional communication? Can you provide the link? My problem with Rogers right now is "soon" means nothing, if indeed they have commented. It certainly does not take 2 weeks to fix whatever problem they might have had. And it if it does, or longer, shame on Rogers for not communicating to this team.

Good luck with your new device!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @skip501

We as REs don't get any information other then what information the mods get in here. I can try and get some additional information from someone else I know within Rogers but it may take a day or two to get it.

skip501
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix thanks it would be much appreciated by many, I am sure, if you are able to source some information from Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @skip501

Ill see what info I can get from him 🙂

GibMcFragger

It has to be a Wi-Fi calling issue. I snagged the update before they pulled it before. Wi-Fi calling worked right until they pulled the update, then it broke. I have tried fixing it with Rogers, and they have no idea why it's not working.

That's general tech support, not the software team that's fixing the update.

I am just in the process of removing it from my account, because it keeps popping up the registration window every 5 mins, and it's driving me insane.

bottleb
I plan to stick around
FYI mine works flawlessly..(wifi calling) but systemuicrashes at least once a day amd phone gets unresponsive

Hua
I plan to stick around

Just got the update this morning... downloading.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Hua

Thats great to hear!

Dx9
New update for the S7 and S7 Edge today.

Hua
I plan to stick around
Got it, thx Dx9!

ismar
I'm here a lot
What's new in this update besides September patch?
Topic Stats