Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

Hello @kavkaz

Unfortunately there isn't much to say to that unless Rogers starts supporting unlocked devices. I don't think Bell does either.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I had an unlocked BlackBerry Z30 with Rogers (BB10) and I got all the updates literally the a few days after BlackBerry made them available.

I am getting furious about how Rogers is handling security updates.

It is August, and I am still on the April security update.

What. Is. The. Problem?

I've been with Rogers for 10 years now and this is how they treat me? Seriously?
I'm a Reliable Contributor

You should still be able to get the software off SamMobile and flash the updates yourself using Odin. As long as the model number is the same for yours, any Canadian carrier software will work.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yup, I agree, I down loaded the rogers Sw from Samobile and the latest Odin, last night.  Go to youtube and search for flashing the s7 video by MRWOLF.  Follow it including the steps to prevent wiping you data when you flash the phone.  It took me less than 30 minutes.  When i finished I called Rogers and had them activate wifi calling on my line, then activated it on my phone, got their activation code and VOILA wifi calling works perfectly and my phone has the July 1 Security patch.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just wondering if I'm the only one still waiting for this update? I've tried OTA many times daily, and SmartSwitch. I'm not interested in going the Odin route. I shouldn't have to!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @skip501

I was awaiting for the update until yesterday when I sold my S7 edge. The update should be out soon as what they said.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @Meowmix. I am not aware of any communication saying "soon". @RogersDarrell has not replied to this thread in a couple of weeks. Are you aware of some additional communication? Can you provide the link? My problem with Rogers right now is "soon" means nothing, if indeed they have commented. It certainly does not take 2 weeks to fix whatever problem they might have had. And it if it does, or longer, shame on Rogers for not communicating to this team.

Good luck with your new device!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @skip501

We as REs don't get any information other then what information the mods get in here. I can try and get some additional information from someone else I know within Rogers but it may take a day or two to get it.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix thanks it would be much appreciated by many, I am sure, if you are able to source some information from Rogers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @skip501

Ill see what info I can get from him Smiley Happy