Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

I have owned a few S7E (unlocked Canadian models and Rogers locked ones). Poor update speed as you have mentioned...I just received my US unlocked S7E (SM-G935U) from B&H Photo, hopefully the American model has speedier updates...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RNEric

Yeah the update speeds are taking longer then usual to be honest and it's hurting them. I do believe that the update might come when the Note 7 gets released ( which it's being announced in August 7th confirmed by Samsung). So we shall see.
I Plan to Stick Around

The G935F gets the fastest updates and is an Exynos model. The g935U is a Snapdragon variant with a locked bootloader, but as far as updates go people have been getting updates on it depending on which sim card their using or that's what I at least understood on xda.
I Plan to Stick Around

For the G935W you won't even see any updates if you set it to XAC...so perhaps it's Canada in general we are getting updates in a much slower pace...
I Plan to Stick Around

Too bad the G935F doesn't have all the LTE bands for Rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

I think it actually does. I just checked with one of the websites and it states that the G935F supports LTE on rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

This, for example,
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1225381-REG/samsung_sm_g935_32gb_slv_galaxy_s7_edge_g935.html

It's missing Band 12 and 13, though it has Band 4 and 7...so the F version misses two LTE bands.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

you're right .
I Plan to Stick Around

I Plan to Stick Around

I've ordered the titanium G935F from dubai for 750 CAD . Selling my never getting any updates s7 edge lol