cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

highka
I'm here a lot
When would there be Galaxy S7/Edge users receive OTA firmware updates, containing monthly security patch updates? It's still at April security patch level and users of other carriers have been getting June update as early as late May.
Please do not disregard customer concerns or assume that average customers won't notice or care about the updates thus not making complaints about really late updates.
I hope to be receiving updates, hopefully the latest which willbe July update, soon.
210 REPLIES 210

Re: Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RNEric

Yeah the update speeds are taking longer then usual to be honest and it's hurting them. I do believe that the update might come when the Note 7 gets released ( which it's being announced in August 7th confirmed by Samsung). So we shall see.

Malek777
I plan to stick around
The G935F gets the fastest updates and is an Exynos model. The g935U is a Snapdragon variant with a locked bootloader, but as far as updates go people have been getting updates on it depending on which sim card their using or that's what I at least understood on xda.

RNEric
I plan to stick around
For the G935W you won't even see any updates if you set it to XAC...so perhaps it's Canada in general we are getting updates in a much slower pace...

RNEric
I plan to stick around
Too bad the G935F doesn't have all the LTE bands for Rogers.

Malek777
I plan to stick around
I think it actually does. I just checked with one of the websites and it states that the G935F supports LTE on rogers.

RNEric
I plan to stick around
This, for example,
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1225381-REG/samsung_sm_g935_32gb_slv_galaxy_s7_edge_g935.html

It's missing Band 12 and 13, though it has Band 4 and 7...so the F version misses two LTE bands.

Malek777
I plan to stick around
you're right .

RNEric
I plan to stick around

Malek777
I plan to stick around
I've ordered the titanium G935F from dubai for 750 CAD . Selling my never getting any updates s7 edge lol

RNEric
I plan to stick around
Have fun getting updates for your new toy 🙂

Google releases the to the manufacturers, in this case Samsung. Samsung releases it to the carrier's. Samsung releases the July patch today and we at Rogers are still stuck on April.
Rogers is the hold up.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Gerry9261

If Samsung even cared about the updates in Canada, they would have done something by now to the carriers or take it into their own hands and send the updates out then selfs. Unfortunately the contract they signed most likely state that the carriers can take their time for the updates to come out. I do agree with u though

Malek777
I plan to stick around
Oh I will lol hopefully Samsung drops nougat pretty quick when its released.

Malek777
I plan to stick around
Honestly its not Samsung's fault. This one is 100% rogers. They released the firmware long time ago but rogers is struggling to push the update.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Malek777

Yes but if Samsung cared about their customers and business, don't you think they would Have done something by now? That's what I am saying but again I agree with u

Malek777
I plan to stick around
Yeah I think they should do something. I wish samsung would just handle the updates themselve s.

RNEric
I plan to stick around

My American S7E is only at the May patch level; nothing newer has been released...

T Mobile is getting the July update now.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Gerry9261

Some carriers will release the updates straight away and some will take their time.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RNEric

My buddies S7E from the states has the same thing I noticed this morning.

Hence the problem. It is possible to push these monthly updates quickly. It just seems that I am with the wrong carrier.
Topic Stats