cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S7 Edge - mobile hotspot toggle gone after most recent OS update?

cdornelas
I've been around

The Mobile Hotspot quick toggle is gone from my phone after the most recent OS update. It doesn't show on either of the two toggle pages, and when I go "Edit" to see the full list of toggles available, including those that are hidden, it doesn't show up there either.

I would like confirmation whether other Rogers customers are also missing it, or whether it's an issue with my phone.

The hotspot functionality is still there by going through various "Settings" menus - it's the quick toggle for turning mobile hotspot ON/OFF that's missing, which is very annoying when I have to use it frequently.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge - mobile hotspot toggle gone after most recent OS update?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @AaronYou

As i said in your other post, you won't get the answer you are looking for. They told me that it was a agreement with the manufacturers and the carriers to do so.. So it all depends on both.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cdornelas

My coworkers S7 edge from Bell doesn't have the toggle anymore either. So it could have been a removal by either the carriers or Samsung. I'll check and see if anyone with Rogers has it still or not

raym1
I've been around

I have the regular S7 and no mobile hotspot toggle. Also missing the mobile data toggle.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @raym1

Seems like it was either taken out by all the carriers or by Samsung Canada as u, my coworkers and the OP doesn't have it.

Hello all,

Another Galaxy S7 Edge user on Rogers here...my "Mobile Hotspot" toggle is also gone.

enrai
I plan to stick around

Just like the Note7, all the shortcuts were discontinued for GraceUX.

They said it's a cleaner experience, but I'm not liking the lack of shortcuts...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys

It seems also the S8 and S8 Plus won't get them ( someone with direct source within Rogers told me this).

Just like the Note 7, S7 and S7 edge. Seems we are Nev going to see the toggles again u less we root.

AaronYou
I've been here awhile

Did he/she ever tell you why they don't want mobile data toggle to be in the quick settings at all? It is just so frustrating..

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @AaronYou

As i said in your other post, you won't get the answer you are looking for. They told me that it was a agreement with the manufacturers and the carriers to do so.. So it all depends on both.
Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 in conversation