cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S7 Edge Screen issue..

Redsfan83
I plan to stick around

Well I have the dreaded grey horizontal line problem come up today on my Edge and none to happy.  Have had the phone for less than a month and now have to be inconvenienced to travel to Mississauga to have them accuse me of stuff, etc.  Shocked that Rogers would not replace the phone for me and force me to service on my own..

Disappointeed...

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Screen issue..

Redsfan83
I plan to stick around

Issue taken care of today..went to the Samsung repair in Mississauga and they replaced the screen and all seems good.  Two hours in and out of the store.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Redsfan83

I am sorry to hear that this issue is happening on your S7 edge. I understand it's frustrating to deal with. However I do believe if there is a issue within the 30 days of you getting the device, they should be able to have it fixed or a exchange of the same device. Have you spoke to the store manager? I would highly suggest @CommunityHelps to help this user out with this issue and get it resolved in one way or another 🙂

Redsfan83
I plan to stick around
Until I take time out of my busy day tomorrow I have no idea what to expect. This is a well known issue with the phone but it seems like I have no choice but to either send the phone to Rogers to send out, or do this on my own to try to expedite the process. Pass the buck at it's best if you ask me...Not even a month, argh

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Redsfan83

Even let's say the device exchange is only for 15 days ( if they changed it from 30 to 15 days) they need to Sent it out for repair. That's the normal process which happens with all carriers. Now from what i know within the 30 days if a issue arises with the device even if it's past the 15 minute talk time, they should still exchange it. If not a repair is needed. Best people are @CommunityHelps. They should be able to explain everything for u

Redsfan83
I plan to stick around

I have spoken to a store and head office who have both told me about my only options. I understand it's policy after 15 days to have it sent out or repair at a facility but I find this ridiculous that a $1,000 phone has major issues and a customer is forced to have to send the thing out for repair and get it back longer than they have even had the phone.  What happened to writing the thing off and replacing it for a loyal customer?  Easy for Rogers to say there is nothing they can do...already also reached out to community helps, sadly not  a reply

Good evening @Redsfan83,

Thanks for your posts & Welcome to the Forums!

We're truly sorry about your poor experience in store, with the replacement of your device.

The 15-day grace period has been established to give you enough time to notice issues with the device. 

Pertaining to your interaction with the store;

• Are they stating that you cannot get the phone replaced because the screen issue would be due to a physical damage?
  • Did they offer you to send it in for repair, at no cost to you?

If the store manager does not have the ability to help you, you can request, from the store agents, that they provide you with the District Manager's information. This would essentially allow you to bring this situation up to the store manager's direct superior. That person might have the ability to make an exception.

When did you send the private message to @CommunityHelps?

I am currently monitoring the inbox for the night, and can certainly assure you that the reason why we did not get back to you is because we have not received your message. I sincerely apologize.

For more info on how to send a PM, feel free to check out this Blog article.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Redsfan83
I plan to stick around
Unless I am totally nuts I have tried sending a private message to @CommunityHelps but I get an error saying there is no user with that username?

This is a private message trying to send.

As for the store, they offered to send my phone out, but what purpose would that serve me? Have it for 3 weeks than give it for repair for another 3? My other option was to take it to a service centre and roll the dice and hope it can get fixed or replaced at no charge? With a common issue like I am having, why is an exception to the 15 day policy not put into place? I was asked if it was dropped and even asked if I got water on it, when it's Water Proof! I have to take time out of my day tomorrow to drive to Mississauga and wait for however long to talk to somebody, when in all likelihood have to also give my phone up to be sent out to try to fix a known issue? Lots of hoops to jump through for a new purchase, no?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RogersMaude

I just wanted to say that this is a ongoing issue with most of the S7 edge devices. Our Samsung rep at my store has verified this and even mine had the issue. ( Thankfuly he gave me another one and changed it) but we have seen customers and a couple of our managers have this. It's not a physical damage at all and it a store manager deems this, I would like to see how it is as this is a big issue that can be verified online as well with all the complaints. The screen is self a pixel dies which causes that line to happen. Just like on a television. A pixel can die and cause the line for any reason. It can be from heat, from pressure, from the screen it self not actually built properly. There is many reasons which can never be found unless the screen it self has been physically damage but i haven't seen thay happen for this reason. If that goes the screen needs to be replaced which the manufacturer should cover under the one year warranty ( aka Rogers now which does the repair). Now at this case I don't know what process Rogers uses but i for one know this is a known issue.

@Redsfan83
I would suggest that getting in contact with the District Manager and speaking to them about the issue and explain it all to them. They should understand and maybe give a exception as RogersMaude said.. I do hope this gets resolved for you and u get it either fixed or another one!.

@Redsfan83, to send a pm to communityhelps, try this:

1.   @CommunityHelps <--------- Click this
2.  On the following page, select "Send this user a Private Message" to bring up the message composition page.
3.  In the subject line, enter the appropriate title

4.  In the text area, type your message
5.  Press Send

You can use this same process to send a pm to anyone else by selecting their user name from the list of users online or from any post where their name is shown and can be selected as a working hyperlink.  

Redsfan83
I plan to stick around
thanks for the replies on here and for reaffirming what is commonly known by now. Very unfortunate as this phone is amazing and top of it's class, however, another black eye for Samsung.

To be honest, servicing a customer should not involve a District Manager as they are difficult to reach, and we have zero faith in having our issues taken care of. An issue like this needs to be dealt with immediately, not passed on to others. I bought this phone to use, not send out for repairs before I could even blow my nose using it...

Redsfan83
I plan to stick around
Message sent..

Thanks for reaching out @Redsfan83 Smiley Wink

We look forward to discussing this matter with your via PM!

RogersMaude

Redsfan83
I plan to stick around

Issue taken care of today..went to the Samsung repair in Mississauga and they replaced the screen and all seems good.  Two hours in and out of the store.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Redsfan83

Glad to hear that Samsung fixed the issue and you are all set!

Hello @Redsfan83,

That's great to hear.  Thank you for keeping the Community informed.  I'm sure this information will help another person in the same situation.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

I was using my phone when just out of the blue I saw my screen flutter with lines and it stopped with grey horizontal lines across my screen. The only way to have them disappear is to put the lighting to extreme high mode. Blinding. I called Roger's tech support who had never heard of this. He said I am still under my one year warranty so take it back to Roger's store and get it replaced as this can't be fixed. I took it to the store the ripped me off from getting my free storage device but didn't care cause this is a bigger issue. She told me she has never heard of this. Asked if I got it wet...which it didn't, there isn't even a scratch on my device. Plus its waterproof/resistant, right?Then she asked if I pay monthly for insurance, and I said no, it wasn't offered to me but I am still under a year's warranty. She told me they can send it away and have it looked at but it won't be back for 2-3 weeks. Now I see all over the Internet and Roger's that they do know of this problem. So why can no one help me at Tech support or the rogers store. Just replace the phone if you know this is a problem. Very upset with Rogers

Redsfan83
I plan to stick around

don't waste your time with a store unless you just want them to send the phone out. Depending upon where you live take it directly to a Samsung store and they can usually fix it on the spot or have it fixed for you sooner.  Bring your proof of purchase as  well

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Sweettopper

Oh my that's no good at all!.

would highly suggest if you live near a Samsung Experience store take it to them and explain the situation. If you do not, contact Samsung Canada and explain your situation and let them know Rogers is not willing to help other then send it out for repair. They should be able to get it fixed.

Alternatively the store reps do not know much about issues unless it's a major issue and it's been communicated down to them. So don't blame the store reps. They can only do what they can. They could send it out for repair but it will take time to get it back. They can NOT replace the unit with another one.

betina78
I've been here awhile
Is the repair done by Samsung Mississauga free or did you have to pay for it? If you paid for it, how much were you charged?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @betina78

In their post it clearly states " went to the Samsung repair center in Mississauga "

Also no it was for free..

betina78
I've been here awhile

I know they went to the Mississauga repair center, that's what I'm interested in. If they are doing it for free it is awesome. I just woke up this morning to a very striped screen, unless it's on maximum brightness. Hate that.

Will take my phone to Samsung then 🙂

Topic Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 in conversation