Galaxy S7 Edge Screen issue..

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Screen issue..

Message sent..
Highlighted

Thanks for reaching out @Redsfan83 Smiley Wink

We look forward to discussing this matter with your via PM!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Issue taken care of today..went to the Samsung repair in Mississauga and they replaced the screen and all seems good.  Two hours in and out of the store.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Redsfan83

Glad to hear that Samsung fixed the issue and you are all set!
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @Redsfan83,

That's great to hear.  Thank you for keeping the Community informed.  I'm sure this information will help another person in the same situation.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I was using my phone when just out of the blue I saw my screen flutter with lines and it stopped with grey horizontal lines across my screen. The only way to have them disappear is to put the lighting to extreme high mode. Blinding. I called Roger's tech support who had never heard of this. He said I am still under my one year warranty so take it back to Roger's store and get it replaced as this can't be fixed. I took it to the store the ripped me off from getting my free storage device but didn't care cause this is a bigger issue. She told me she has never heard of this. Asked if I got it wet...which it didn't, there isn't even a scratch on my device. Plus its waterproof/resistant, right?Then she asked if I pay monthly for insurance, and I said no, it wasn't offered to me but I am still under a year's warranty. She told me they can send it away and have it looked at but it won't be back for 2-3 weeks. Now I see all over the Internet and Roger's that they do know of this problem. So why can no one help me at Tech support or the rogers store. Just replace the phone if you know this is a problem. Very upset with Rogers

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

don't waste your time with a store unless you just want them to send the phone out. Depending upon where you live take it directly to a Samsung store and they can usually fix it on the spot or have it fixed for you sooner.  Bring your proof of purchase as  well

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Sweettopper

Oh my that's no good at all!.

would highly suggest if you live near a Samsung Experience store take it to them and explain the situation. If you do not, contact Samsung Canada and explain your situation and let them know Rogers is not willing to help other then send it out for repair. They should be able to get it fixed.

Alternatively the store reps do not know much about issues unless it's a major issue and it's been communicated down to them. So don't blame the store reps. They can only do what they can. They could send it out for repair but it will take time to get it back. They can NOT replace the unit with another one.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Is the repair done by Samsung Mississauga free or did you have to pay for it? If you paid for it, how much were you charged?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @betina78

In their post it clearly states " went to the Samsung repair center in Mississauga "

Also no it was for free..