Galaxy S6 battery replacement cost $1000

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Galaxy S6 battery replacement cost $1000

2 weeks ago I brought my phone to Rogers Garden City Winnipeg branch because of a poor battery life and charging port issues. Now I received a call that I have to pay $1000 for the repair because they found a moist and corrosion on the board. I immediately go to the saidRogers branch complaining regarding the repair cost and the diagnostics found on my phone. I am complaining because when I gave them my phone its 100% functional and my only concern is the battery life and charging port, now they're ripping me off for a repair that is still under warranty. Imagine a simple battery concern that's only worth under $50 will result to a $1000 repair charge. A complete rip off.

Hope that Rogers upper management will get their attention regarding this matter.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy S6 battery replacement cost $1000

Hello @pogz

Hmm that seems odd.. Have you spoken to Samsung Canada and see what they say? Do you also pay the Extended warranty Rogers offers?

Have you brought this up to upper management when calling in?

@CommunityHelps hopefully can help you more on this!
I've Been Here Awhile

I do not have an extended warranty but I purchase my phone March 26,2016. I personally went to the said branch and asked them if they can escalate my concern to upper management and only got 1 answer "I/we cannot do anything, my job here is to accept, send and receive phone" that's their response. I even ask them how do they send phone to their technician was it sealed,package properly, how much time does it take for the technician receive my phone. "we send it thru purolator, delivery time it depends" Rogers employee said. I find it unusual in the corrosion and moist part to occur on my part because if that happen the phone will no longer turn on and completely unusable. Its fully functional when they took it, I even do a factory reset on the said Rogers branch, in front of their sales associate.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pogz

Now have you contacted Rogers and asked to speak to a manager? The stores unfortunately do not have the power to communicate to the managers like call centers can.

Have you contacted Samsung as per my post above and asked them to check the device out?.

If that doesn't work out, ask to speak to the office of the President and see what they can do and have them escalate this.

Go through all the venues before going thay route though.
I've Been Here Awhile

I will do that tomorrow and thank you for your help and advice.
In regards ti contacting Samsung, I do not have a phone number, shoud I use Samsung customer service number on their website? Do they have a Samsung repair center here in Winnipeg just like apple genius so I do not have to go to third party service?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @podz

Yes call Samsung Canada customer service number and speak to a rep on their line. See what they can do. If they say to speak to Rogers, then try the following i posted above.

Hopefully all works out!

Hello @pogz,

Welcome to the forums!

When it comes to the repair process, you have full control over whether or not you accept the repairs. Our repair centre should also be able to provide photo proof of the damage if you request the store reach out to them for more info.

In this case, you can request to have the phone sent back to the store unrepaired if you would like to try to seek alternate battery replacement options but if there is corrosion damage, it's only a matter of time until the device fails entirely. 

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

Seems to me there is a serious collusion problem going on between Phone mfgrs and network suppliers. Samsung years ago warranteed their high end phone to me for one year thru a network supplier and after 8 months the phone just booted up and shut down until you removed and replaced the battery  $450 smartphone 10 to 15 years ago n eway warranty fix in 10 days N/C 40$ for a rental phone till i got it back 3 days later. Then six month later the same deal boot up shut down , Now the fix is $90  WTH Supplier nor Samsung would not honor any type of warranty. So now it's a $100 fix  OK stupid me did it and YA u guessed it same thing happened again within 6mths Needless to say they wanted another $90  I drove over that  Samsung never to buy another thing from that bunch again. And left the supplier for the one I have presently. We consumers need some serious protection from these big corporate goliaths. I mean this seriously they are sucking the dollars and life outa us.

I've Been Here Awhile

Just an update on my issue. So I followed the advise that you said, phoned Samsung and escalated the issue, now after 3 days I got my phone back. Fixed and did not pay $1000 for a repair or a single cent.

If only that Rogers Associate have that knowledge just like yours he could've advised me the proper procedure. Instead he asked me "What do you want me to do?My only work here is to bla bla bla bla...." He could've help a lot of customer. Happy customers is good for the business.

Again thank you . I saved a $1000 for a simple issue that escalated without a proper coordination.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pogz

Glad to hear that Samsung was able to take care of the issue and fix it without a cost!

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!Smiley Happy.