Galaxy S5 still running 4.4.2..?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Galaxy S5 still running 4.4.2..?

Hello,

My Galaxy S5 is still running 4.4.2 which I understand to be more than a year old: December 2013. I haven't been pushed any updates OTA, and Kies says the phone is up to date. I am particularily concerned with the heartbleed vulnerability that is not fixed until 4.4.4.

Is there something futher I must do in order to be pushed the 4.4.4 update?

Thanks

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy S5 still running 4.4.2..?

Hello Hombero

Unfortunately the 4.4.4 update isn't out for the S5 yet and may not come to the S5 but the 5.0 update will come in the near future with Rogers.  Rogers will announce what updates come to that device on their " OS Upgrade Schedule" thread. Until then there isn't much information that can be posted or said from Rogers side or for u to get it unless u root ur device on ur own discretion. You don't need to worry about the Heartbleed bug as it doesn't seem to be affecting any S5 from what i have heard and seen. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hombero

You are very welcome! 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

I have an S5 Prime, SM-G906S.  It works great on the rogers network, when I first got it in November I was able to get the 4.4.4 update over the air.  I recently updated to 5.01 Lollipop thru Kies, because over the air was not seeing the update.  I hated Lollipop, so I downgraded and went back to the stock 4.4.2.  So now I'm looking for the 4.4.4 update, I can't find it anywhere.  Does anyone know where i can get that update file? everywhere I look I can only find the 4.4.2.  I might have to try the XDA forums.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jermbos

Unfortunately you would need to look at the XDA forums for this as here we don't have it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ya I already posted the same thing on there too.  Its not really that big of a deal I'm just glad I was able to downgrade to 4.4.2 cause Lollipop is garbage!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jermbos

Samsung has pulled the Lollipop update from all t the carriers around the world due to all the issues / bugs it has. They will release the update sometime and it will have a better update. As for now, just stay with that update u have.

I Plan to Stick Around

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G900W8/RWC/

odd how 4.4.4 is not listed... are you sure it was an official ROGERS OTA update?  i never got that on my S5 at all.

and before Rogers updated their OS schedule, i never saw the S5 having 4.4.4, always 4.4.2 before the 5.0 fail.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SS604

The S5 from Rogers never had the 4.4.4 update. It always had 4.4.2. So maybe the OP had another update or thinks Rogers had the 4.4.4 update instead.

I looked back on my back ups and the software I see there shows 4.4.2 for my s5.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation