Galaxy S4 Screen Cracks for no reason

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy S4 Screen Cracks for no reason

Hello Fakie

Believe me i know your pain as you can read my posts & i had the same issue. I just gave in & paid to get another S4. No other choice:(. For others this choice is a bad one as its not us that broke the phone.
I've Been Around

I have had the same. I went out a couple of days ago (-20 c) and took some pictures for 5 or 10 minutes. Everything was fine. The next day, midway through the day, I go to turn on my phone and 3/4 of the display is black with only the top quarter showing any sign of life. No crack on the glass but when I took a closer look, you can see the actual LCD display cracking under the glass. I contacted both Rogers and Samsung and now, I think I will send the phone directly to Samsung as this is what Rogers would do anyway (I think). I just got off the phone with Samsung support and they activated a repair order for me and emailed me the shipping information for UPS shipping to Vancouver. The support person for Samsung was pretty nice to deal with and now, I have to ship the phone and see what happens.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Dusmeo

Hopefully everything works out!. You see in May this year when i contacted Samsung via phone, email, Facebook & Twitter they claimed it was my problem & i had to pay to get it fixed. I had users on here & other users claiming i should pay as i broke it meanwhile i did not. Those users tho do not understand anything but that u broke it & claim u did. Either way i payed $ 130+taxes & got another one.

Hopefully Samsung sends you the same one with a fixed LCD or a new one!.
I've Been Around

They encase a "$700" gaget in cheap plastic. My first s4 broke falling from my shorts pocket at the gym.  Screen wasn't even cracked but it wouldn't even turn on after.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DeviniusMaximus

Oh believe me i know. The same thing tho can be said about any phone. At least the plastic is cheap to replace unlike the Glass on the iPhone 4 /4S or the all metal body of the HTC One.

Non the less, Samsung should have noticed this and replaced the broken handsets with either new ones or refurbished ones.
I've Been Around

Exactly the same , my s4 for no reason just had a black screen except for the top 1/4 fuzzy but could see the very top line for battery network coverage etc. rang Samsung and they said they would send me out a pack to send the phone to them, tried my phone about 4 hours later and noticed a crack had appeared internally under the gorilla glass, this crack was not there when I rang Samsung initially and the phone never moved off the table.... I really hope this is covered under warranty... Nearly exact same story as this lady.

Dusmeo let us know how you got on?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello t1

Hopefully the user does come back and post results! Sadly it may not be under warranty. Most of is which has this exact issue, never got it replaced for free as they all all thought it was our fault yet its not. Samsung knows about this but never recalled the phones or offered replacements for free.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I had a s4 that was from telus before I dont know what happened to my screen as well. the screen is broken as well but it just a hairline. But I called samsung and tell them my story and then they replace the phone for me for me as long as the lcd is not damaged. But u have to send it to the samsung service centre on bc.
I Plan to Stick Around

Sadly all manufacturers do not warranty broken screens. I went through this with the nexus 4 as well and I did not drop or damage the phone. The rear glass broke at the speaker area.

Your beat bet is to contact your credit card company and go through their insurance claims process to have them pay for the repair of the phone. Most credit cards have a 30-90 day purcahse protection and 1 year additional manufacturer warranty.

Good luck.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Teletran

Wrong. If the manufacturer sees that many are having the same exact issue with the LCD and Glass, there should be a recall or better yet the manufacturer should be contact those who bought the devices and have them replaced. Samsung is known to not help any customers out and nany media and tech sites have said this