Galaxy S3 MMS file not supported

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Galaxy S3 MMS file not supported

I've been getting the following message when ever someone sends me pics, The image file <filename.jpg> is not supported and was deleted, over the weekend it was .png files as well. I updated to KitKat last night hoping it would fix the problem, but it's still happening.

Anyone else experiencing this or experienced it and fixed it?

***Edited Labels.***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy S3 MMS file not supported

Hello GregB

I had this happen a few times on my Note 3 and S5. I just ask the person to resend the picture and it works after on the second try. It seems to either be a glitch with the network or something causing it
I've Been Here Awhile

I've had them do this too, they've even sent them to someone else to send to me and I would still get the same message...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GregB

It depends on the file they are trying to send, the size of the file and whatnot. It does happen on most devices.
I've Been Around

Ever since the last week or so, I would get intermittent issue sending images through MMS. Instead of getting the image, the receiver would get "The image file IMG_6418.jpg is not supported and was deleted."  Resending the image would work, and I tried sending from Android -> Android, Android -> IPhone, and IPhone -> Android and all have the same issue. This happens most often if I try sending one image after another - the 2nd image would most likely fail.

Is there an outage with the MMS service?

I've Been Here Awhile

Same here, but I'm using a Sony phone, so the issue probably isn't due to the device itself.

Good day @striPlay,

Thank you for posting your issue to the Community!

We want to help you resolve the MMS transmission issues you're experiencing.

If you're currently using a Sony phone, it may not be a Rogers device. Is that right?

Have you checked the device's APN Settings, especially regarding the MMS entry?

To view the correct Rogers APN Settings, click here!

Let us know!

RogersMaude

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation