Galaxy S21 Ultra Pre-order

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spooky-Action
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Pre-order

I'm pretty sure Rogers is to blame in all this. If they had shipped the phones on time none of this would have happened. What really makes me angry is that on top of the fact that I have 3 lines with them and have been paying 250$ a month for 10 years and always change my device every 12 to 18 months for a flagship I preordered the most expensive S21. I preorder the s21 ultra 512GB but I have to wait and end up not getting the promo while someone who walked into a store last week and got the S21 Ultra 128GB will get the promo.

How is this fair in any way
macblack2
I Plan to Stick Around

GARY The exact same as me (minus a few phone calls). Rogers pointing to Samsung. Samsung says, "Who, us?" Totally a ploy to get us to buy in early, with zero intention of rewarding those who ordered ahead of time.
I'm not going to lie, I LOVE the phone but am extremely disappointed to have to pay the early upgrade fee when losing out on the promo- I'd have waited til June...
Midomohamedy
I've Been Here Awhile

I have just the device today as well and it sucks not being able to get the earlybird gifts, I have called both Rogers and Samsung I've even spoken to a member of management with no result.
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/promotions/galaxy-buds-pro-smart-tag/td-p/9179573
Check the members app as it turns out people with other providers got screwed just like us.
Lets all complain over there in the same thread.
ex0de
I Plan to Stick Around

They already have your money you think they care now? Call them, cancel the deal, return the phones (you have 15-30 days for that). This is the only way they will learn. Don't keep the phones and just accept to be scammed!!!

GaryD
I Plan to Stick Around

I love the phones had them since dumping bell back in the early 2000s had the first i phone with no MMS capability and magically had it 3 months later dump that brand about a months later total scammers.  Had a moto razr touch screen nice phone but total crap , stayed with rogers since the moto and stuck with Samsung brands.  Had cell phones since the brick phones and had samsung even during those days I mean they looked like you had candy bars in your pocket which some mistaken as hmmmmm LOL...  Anyway as per the previous replies I tried going on the Samsung Community thing under promotions and the buds, guess what I can't put  up a reply or comment strange how they seem to have moderated it so no one else can reply.  

ex0de
I Plan to Stick Around

Yep I can't comment either on samsung page: "Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested."
GaryD
I Plan to Stick Around

As for the ability to comment on the actual membership community what is the purpose if we are a  member and we can't  post or reply on said articles?  Is this just a marketing game for Samsung to feed us lies and misinformation only to get us to buy a product and claim that the offer is now null and void by the membership app?

GaryD
I Plan to Stick Around

After multiple calls to Rogers Customer Service and Retention I've come to the conclusion Samsung doesn't care about its customers and especially their loyal ones.  If they do appreciate them they really have a real weird way of stiffing them to buy their latest and greatest after a few sold they just ignore the rest.  We can't all lay blame on Rogers because after the multiple calls I've made in over the decade and half I've been with Rogers I have yet one Representative hang up on me mid conversation intentionally, even so much as being irate with a Rogers Rep I have never been hung up on and intentionally put on mute.  The conversations I've had with a Samsung's customer service seems to be reading from a script and one actually hung up on me while explaining my dilemma.  So the target of the blame here is Samsung and their lack of moral standing when dealing with a customer base as loyal as many of us here at Rogers.  I think for their own self interest I would assume they'd take notice of our anger towards their reluctance to extend the offer until said date of Feb 12th when the offer does potentially end and not before.  The correct course of action for them is to honor all sales and pre-orders before Feb12th when the actual date of redeemable for the sales and upgrade to the new phone, and there after only those vouchers are redeemable before the 28th.  If anyone is to alleviate the situation with this debacle it would be Samsung, so Rogers can't really have a say and the only thing I think Rogers can do is to put pressure and all of us on Samsung.

ex0de
I Plan to Stick Around

@GaryDwhile I totally agree with your suggestion of how they should of handled the issue properly, I can't let rogers off the hook like that. I bought my phone from Rogers, from their website where the promotion was available until only a few days ago. I had no idea this was a "samsung offer".  Imagine all the people seeing the promotion on rogers website a few days ago and buying, thinking they'll get the gifts when us who "pre-ordered" a month ago didn't even get them.
I gave rogers my money and I'm a rogers customer not samsung. If anyone has to make this right is rogers not samsung. If I had bought the phone directly from samsung that would of been a different story. Also lets not forget that rogers is sending us to samsung and samsung right back at rogers since we ordered from them.

Like many of you I got my phone today, no buds nothing, while the rogers support agent told me the buds are in the box if you pre-ordered. Yea right! I also just filled a complaint with CCTS. Let them be the judge who's right or wrong. At minimum it will hopefully make future offers like these more honest and not a complete scam.

*EDIT* Also don't forget the offer on rogers & samsung were not the same. Rogers offer was if you pre-order or buy until Feb 14 while samsung was only pre-order until Jan 29. Not the same.

qc2az
I've Been Here Awhile

I have also ordered the S21 Ultra 512gb way in advance on January 25th 2021.  The only reason I ordered the phone was to get the 2 free gifts.  I was calling Rogers every week to get an update and every time they would reassure me that the phone was being process and I would be getting it with my two free gifts because they are assigned on the date of purchased.  Now after being transferred many times around in the past months, I was told that they have discontinued the 512gb model from Rogers and that's the reason my order has been pending over since and on top of that they said I missed the date for the two free gifts.  Wow, I have been lied, place in the dark (no one ever bothered telling me that my phone was discontinued) and now I loss my two free gift because no one was honest with me because I could have switch model to be able to get my two free gifts.  I even spent money getting the fast charger, two expensive cases for this phone in advance thinking I was getting it.  Now I am sooooooooooo flabbergasted by my experience and don't know where to turn (making a complaint with somebody high up at Rogers to see what they can do for me, write about my experience somewhere or just leave for a different company).