Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

Yeah, I'm still experiencing problems, particularly whenever I'm in downtown Vancovuer, where I happen to work. Yesterday was also my birthday and no one could get in touch with me. Just my wounded pride for sure, but nevertheless, this kind of sucks. Everyone thought I was ignorring them.

Tech support had said they had reset my network settings over the weekend, but that doesn't seem to have done anything as of this actual work week.

For me, it seems to be related to location. Once I leave the downtown areas, I get service again...but as of yesterday, even that is not guaranteed.

I'm Here A Lot

I'm having the same problem.  When I'm on the LTE network, I'm only receiving around 1/10 calls.  If I switch to GSM/HSPA only, I can receive calls and texts just fine.

When I call my phone from another phone, I see the phone switch to HSPA as if it's going to receive the call, but it fails to do so.

I'm also not getting text messages while on the LTE network either.  When I drop to HSPA, or reset the phone, I get the messages and missed call notifications.

Tech support is also telling me to just drop to HSPA, which is disappointing, since I've paid a premium to purchase an LTE device.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hhm. Switching to HSPA doesn't work for me.

When you mean "reset the phone", are you doing a factory data reset or a power off/power on kind of reset? I want to hold off on doing the former and the latter doesn't do much.

I've Been Here Awhile

im having this same problem all over richmond ,north van, downtown. o cant believe after spending this much money on a device and service i have to use gsm only. called tech support like 10 times same anwer evertime. i gotta say i am really dissapointed. a update would be nice. i have been told that they may call or text when its fixed but they may not?? so how would we know ? love rogers but my phone is my business and it needs to be reliable
I'm Here A Lot

imachubchub,

I'm just doing a power reset/reboot and battery pull, which fixes the problem sometimes.

If you've got a case on the phone (specifically the case-mate barely there with aluminum insert), I've found that removing it also somewhat helps.

I Plan to Stick Around

Unfortunately reseting the phone did not work for me. Even replacing the phone didn't work!

My conclusion is that there is nothing wrong with the phone, it's Rogers LTE network that sucks.

I think Rogers rushed the LTE network without properly testing it, just to be the first!! (The first to fail in this case)

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Moog, I got that aluminum case-mate too. I'll have to experiment with removing it when I get to the notorious trouble spots downtown, see if that has any effect. Thanks for the headsup. But what lubiya said seems right: it's the LTE network more so than the hardware and accessories. An accessory I can live without. Hardware can be replaced. But the network is a whole bigger fish.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I have not had this problem...but is my travels, I found this....http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-skyrocket/448712-cant-make-outgoing-calls-please-help.htm...

My LTE concerns are...max 1 bar.  slow to auto-switch from LTE to 4G, and when it is on LTE, I often get a "can't display message" "check connection" even when there are some bars showing, but no LTE or 4G icon...I live in Ottawa, and can see the Peace Tower, so it's not like I am in the boonies..

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the link shaggyskunk. Sounds very much like the same situation as I too have experienced problems when in downtown Vancouver.

I've Been Here Awhile

richmond is the same deal too this is getting pretty lame. i called a tech support rep again and he was pretty helpfull. he called the department that is handling it and told me that they are still working on it. Sounds like it could be a while problem was first reported on the 17th..... wow