Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

Hello prokopy

Glad to hear that! I never had issues with my LTE so it seems it only affect a small amount of people.
I've Been Here Awhile

Still not working for me in Brandon MB, on unlocked Nexus 5

I Plan to Stick Around

Having the same problem on my s2 in Winnipeg. Just shut LTE off and calls come in fine.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello shawguy

It seems that LTE is causing this issue. Rogers still seems not to have fixed all the problems with LTE causing this.
I'm Here A Lot

It's the end of 2014 and I have the same issue with my OnePlus One phone. Did a factory reset, installed nightly builds, etc. no luck. It must be my micro sim issue.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Slim514

Try getting a new sim card. If its still doing the same then it's the account / Rogers. You can make calls but if it's LTE it will bring it down and show 3G /4G instead.
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Meomix,

I just went at Rogers and they gave me a new micro sim for free. Sill having the same issue.

When I'm on the internet, it's working perfectly. When I try to make a call, it switches to 3G, which is expected and it cuts off while it's dialing. When someone tries to call me, it goes straight to voicemail.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Slim514

Hmmm then it could be ur area u are in or the device u are using. I used most if not all devices Rogers has and imported devices and only had thay issue three times on 2 devices.
I'm Here A Lot

Yeah I think it's my device. Today, my friend and I swapped our micro sim cards to test a phone call (we have the same phone model and same carrier/APN settings). My friend's phone was able to make a phone call with my micro sim and I still wasn't able to with his sim. So we came to a conclusion it has something to do with the hardware antenna. The issue I'm having with my phone is when the network type is UMTS, this is when the calls don't go throught. When it's on HSPA (H+), it works. Thing is my phone always go to UMTS and rarely in H+ while my friend's phone always go to H+ without a problem. 

I'll request a RMA for my phone.

Thanks for your input!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Slim514

Then u are right. It is the device having issues. As u said it seems to be the hardware antenna causing this issue. It's not a issue with the sim card or Rogers service.

Hopefully with the new ( refurbished) device that comes in it works perfect without that issue!. Let us know when it comes in.