Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

Hi,

I have a question related to Galaxy SII and Rogers LTE network.

Finally last week I got my s2.
After a little bit of inspection, I realized that I cannot receive phone calls if the phone is on LTE network.
Basically, as long as the network indicator at top right of the screen says LTE, my phone is not accessible.
(whoever calls me gets the "customer not available" message)

I called Rogers and they said they're gonna look into it. I haven't heard from them for the last two days.

Today I tested the phone again to see if they've fixed the issue.
I call my cell from home phone and interestingly enough, I can reach it all the time.
But just a moment before the phone starts to ring, the indicator switches from LTE to 4G.

So long story short, my question is, is this normal? Has anyone else encountered this kind of issue?

Thanks.

******* Edit labels ********

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

When you say, "Customer not available" do you mean your call goes directly to voicemail without ringing?

I've Been Here Awhile

I too suffer from my phone becoming unresponsive to phone calls and not being able to call out. I was skeptical of your LTE findings and that being the issue, so I put it to the test. You are right... When my phone connects to LTE, my calling capabilities die, but im able to text and get data. It appears the LTE isn't dropping fast enough to 4G to place the call, that's how it looks to me as LTE drops to 4G as you place the call. Looks like the phone is trying to establish the connection, but not in time to keep the call from failing. I called Tech support, they reset my connection to the towers to see anything happens.

Also went through the standard troubleshooting procedure such as Factory reset phone, clean sim card, reset network blah blah blah.

Update #1. I lost my connection again, called tech support back informing them I'm still having the issue, and able to reproduce the issue over and over. They escalated my case number and complaints to the network team for further analyses. They made the suggestion of swapping out my phone for a new one, as it's still under warranty to rule out hardware malfunction.

I Plan to Stick Around

Do all of you have a LTE sim card or just the regular HSPA sim card.  I'm looking to buy this phone next week but will only be using the HSPA mode, don't care for LTE.  Thanks.

I've Been Here Awhile

@Samsvoc

I have LTE sim, LTE Data plan as well. The phone in general is great, but having issues with LTE and calling together.

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't have a voicemail. So basicly what happens is as if my phone is turned off.

The caller hears the "customer not available" message and they have to hang up and my phone never rings.

I Plan to Stick Around

@samsvoc
The phone has no problem on HSPA mode, so you have nothing to worry about.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks guys.  I'll be buying the Sammy Monday morning. 

I've Been Here Awhile

i set my phone up on 2g and i never have the issue    try that i bet  it works    im inside and condo and 3g will go to voice mail right away     never happen yet with 2g       

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I know, it works that way.

But then what's the point of having LTE and not being able to use it.

Now on PPV