Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

I am having the same issue with a Galaxy Note. About 50% of incoming calls go to VM when running in LTE, and sometimes even in HSPA. I live in Markham.

When the phone misses a call in LTE mode, the phone still temporarily switches to 4G, and then back to LTE. So it seems that the call is being registered by the phone in some way, but is then being re-routed to voicemail.

I too am calling Rogers tech service almost daily (on hold with one right now actually....). My case is being escalted and has a ticket #. I should get a call within a few days.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Same problem here, anybody has a solution?

Called tech support few times but it seems to work right after they reset...shortly after, it does not work again.

Swtich to GSM mode and phone works fine....argh!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

This has been happening since November 2011.. IF Rogers still have not fixed this then no point of staying with Rogers really. Bell Has LTE & there phones work fine with no problem at all.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I have seen some questions about this in the US as well.... not sure which carrier(s)?
I've also noticed that sometimes after rebooting the phone, the network can't auto update the time??? I don't know if the two are remotely related?
But what REALLY ticks me off, are the number of times that the Latest & Greatest LTE network can only produce EDGE!!!
How many freaking times do you need to call rogers, to inform them???
As for My Account.... "site congested"??? REALLY how many people are logging in to check their account?????
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Honestly tho, my deploy LTE networks if they do not fully work 100% with everything. Rogers made a mistake on this. They wanted to be the first of it & look now.
I'm Here A Lot

FYI

I'm having issues now on my Galaxy S2 LTE phone. Can't receive calls at all. I can only make calls. Called Rogers rep and they said it was a network issue. Hopefully they resolve it... But this is really bad ... I can't use my phone properly and they didn't even provide a alternative for me now... Great customer service... at least lend me a phone to use while the network issue is still on....

I've Been Here Awhile

Have they fixed the LTE network in Ottawa yet?

We got our first smartphones at Christmas: four Galaxy S2 LTE phones on a family plan. By January we had found out we were missing calls. When I tested the phones within our house, I heard "customer not available" more often than not. 

There was a lot of frustration with switching SIM cards and doing factory resets, and by then we were too late to switch phone models. Finally we connected with a tech guy who knew that the solution was to ignore LTE and set the phones to use GSM/HSPA auto mode, and I found this thread so I understood that the problem was the LTE network, not our phones.

We love the smartphones and 4G is usually fast enough. I'm afraid to try using LTE again until I'm sure it will work. Any recent experiences?

I Plan to Stick Around

The tech's fix is to shut it off? So you are paying for LTE and using hspa? Defeats the purpose doesn't it? Like buying an HDTV, and plugging it in to a coax cable. Hopefully they will have it ironed out before we get it in Winnipeg.
I've Been Here Awhile

@ShadNuke wrote:
The tech's fix is to shut it off? So you are paying for LTE and using hspa? Defeats the purpose doesn't it? .............

Exactly.  It doesn't bother me as much because this is my first experience with a smartphone, and I love it. But lots of people who already had smartphones and upgraded specifically to get LTE are not happy! 

Many clever people were testing phones, complaining to Rogers, and posting in this thread in the Fall of 2011 and into January 2012. I am hoping some of them see this and can give a status update. Has LTE in Ottawa improved since then, or not?

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the same device and I have noticed that phone calls are not being recieved sometimes. I was expected to get a call for an online delievery from a store and they said they called me three times and couldn't reach me for some reason. My device was on. I just don't know why I cannot recieve any calls sometimes especially when it could be an important one. 

I got mine at the Rideau Centre location and I had it since the end of Feburary. I am thinking of switching devices since I had to deal with not only not recieving calls, but random freezing and lockups. If I get a new phone, this Samsung Galaxy S ll LTE is going into  the garbage. My HTC Evo 3D was much better than the Samsung Galaxy s ll LTE.