Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

+1

Apparently this issue is location specific. I have two phones with me and keep calling my Samsung Galaxy SII LTE from my BB while driving, and indentified a couple of spots where 100% of my incoming calls are redirected to my voice mail.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@OMF wrote:

+1

Apparently this issue is location specific. I have two phones with me and keep calling my Samsung Galaxy SII LTE from my BB while driving, and indentified a couple of spots where 100% of my incoming calls are redirected to my voice mail.

Hello OMF,

If you don't mind sharing, which province are you located in?

You could post more results about your research but I'm thinking to either call/email or live chat with Rogers about this issue this week. So far this issue occurs when I'm at home. You really think this issue is location specific? Would you mind giving a few examples when calling your LTE device sends you straight to voicemail and another when the call goes through? Thanks.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hello all,

Today I chatted with a Rogers CSR about this issue. Apparently my problem was/is related to the fact that an incompetent Rogers authorized reseller signed me up on a non-LTE plan. The Rogers CSR was really nice, had me take out my SIM to confirm it was actually an LTE SIM then he had me take out my battery then gave me the bad news that I was on a regular plan... 

I just switched to an LTE data plan online through MyRogers account...hoping my new LTE plan will take effect in 24hrs...

Community Manager
Community Manager

If anyone is continueally having issues with no receiving calls on LTE Network with their Galaxy S2 LTE please PM me the following:

Name:

Acct. Number:

Cell Number:

Contact Number:

Contact Time:

Area Where Issue Happens Most:

Thanks! RogersDarrell

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Props to RogersDarrell!!
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, the escelated issue still exist in and around Kanata and there are no updates from Rogers.

Surprise Surprise.

I'm Here A Lot

Yep i am still having this issue as well, allthough i was promised a call back from the manager of the tech department over a week ago i still have not heard anything.

I am also in the Kanata area having this issue.

Rogers sure is dropping the ball on this one and making a generally happy customer pretty pissed off!

I Plan to Stick Around

I have to change my status from +1 to -1 in the Kanata area. The locations I specified to the unsung hero @ Rogers have been fixed, and now I am not aware of any area where my incoming calls would be redirected to my voicemail while in LTE mode.

In my case there was no problem with the hardware, no problem with the firmware, didn't need to remove battery, SIM card  and reset, just had to get in touch with the right person and wait for the fix.

Room for improvements at Rogers:

(a) Tech support personnel should be trained to listen to the customers,

(b) have to be equipped with useful database tools to quickly analyze and consolidate similar complaints, and

(c) escalate the issue to the appropriate level if needed.

Hope a QA manager will read this at Rogers. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

As a result of my PM to RogersDarrell, I had a CSR contact me on Tuesday night asking for more information about where I was having difficulty receiving calls and text messages. The most repeatable location for me is my home, where I receive a very weak LTE signal, and a medium-strength GSM/HSPA signal. Yesterday I had voicemail left for me by another CSR telling me that my closest tower does not have LTE, and that he was going to check for potential in-service date for that tower and get back to me.

This suggests that the problem with receiving calls may be related to being registered on an LTE cell, when in the area of a cell with stronger GSM/HSPA signal and no LTE.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

databubble, that doesn't sound like a very satisfactory response. I'd have thought that ALL the carriers would KNOW that there ARE going to be areas of overlap between the two technologies... and would have taken that into account!! What's the point in having LTE, but you can't use your phone as a phone???
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats