Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

This is frustrating as **bleep**. I had to call Rogers yet again yesterday and while on the phone with the first level tech support arguing that there is nothing wrong with my data plan, a second level suppport person called me on my cell phone (suprised as **bleep** that it actually rang).

We tested everything out and other than the low DL and UL speeds everything went ok. So we thought the problem was fixed.

20 minutes later I was back to the same thing. No service, emergency calls. I called rogers back and was told I would get a call today during the day, at home, while I was at work. The person on the other side of the line said they could only take one number down and could not record my work number too!!!!

Last night I was forced to switch to GSM/HSPA where the problems of going back and forth to Emergency calls continued.

I am getting close to throwing in the towel on this whole Anroid, Samsung, LTE experiement and going back to my boring vanilla iphone4.

Of the 30 minute 14 day crace period, whatever I have used minus 3 minutes has been to troubleshoot the phone and its service issues.

You seeing this Rogers?????
I'm a Trusted Contributor

WOW! Rezadue, maybe rogers SHOULD be using Carrier IQ, maybe at least then they might be able to figure out what's going on! I know that I get **bleep** off with connections that range from Edge (or nothing), up to LTE...but at least, I can ALWAYS use the phone

Has anyone one heard of ANY similar issues from people on the bell LTE network?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The problems I saw at home last night were fixed by this morning.  My commute from Stittsville to Gatineau had LTE coverage almost everywhere.   No issues with "No service" or "Emergency calls only."

Only slight hiccup was the location I mentioned yesterday... Ottawa River Parkway in front of the War Museum.  I had no data connection of any type with LTE enabled, although I still had connection to the Rogers network with 2-3 bars of signal strength.  Switching to GSM-only, I immediately got 5 bars of signal strength, and a solid EDGE connection.   I think this is a localized issue with the LTE in that specific cell site, and I'll report it later.

I believe the software fix the support rep. was telling me is due from Samsung is to address the step-down to 4G when in call.  The phone should be able to keep an LTE connection for data while in call.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well I'm back to square one!

For two days I thought that my problem is fixed. But as of today I realised that I cannot receive calls again while on LTE.

Thanks Rogers!

The problem is with the technology as it stands. Currently the voice implementation on cellular tech hasn't been ported over to LTE. The only option for making voice calls at the moment is 3G/psudo 4G (hspa). It's unclear if this is software driving limitation or hardware, however the real techs at Rogers would know. If it's software, then there will be an update to your phone's radio firmware to allow for this. This problem is also present on AT&T, which is running the exact same phone. If it's hardware, then there's really not much they can do about it and you'll have to buy a new phone to correct the issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am happy to report that since Thursday I have had no problems in Kanata. All is good. For now!

I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone on LTE plans gotten some kind of credits or refund due to all the slow speeds and connectivity issues?

Shouldn't Rogers partially or fully refund the data fees if LTE doesn't even function properly?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

LOL what?...Rogers will not give you a credit or refund your money back. Use logic here.

No carrier in the world will refund your money back if the LTE/ 4G / 3G network has problems & is not working properly.
Problems always happen. Get used to it.

When the 3G / 4G networks are down due to problems are you going to cry to Rogers to get your money back because you can not access a email or website? cmon.

My LTE on my Raider works perfect here in Toronto. I get 4 bars. Even when i get 4G speeds where i should get LTE i don't get mad. LTE is brand new. Issues will happen. This is something everyone needs to get used to. Its like when phones get released yet the software is has bugs & problems. They do updates & fix them. Companies don't give money back because of that.

Well, I do know that rogers gave me about 3 months credit on my Rocket stick, & reduced the monthly by 50%, so it has been done.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Shaggy The LTE network is new. If they give him a discount then they need to give everyone a discount in which they will lose money. Carriers or any company does not work that way. I have about $40 of my bill each month because of problems they did with my bill. But mark my words they will never give a dicounts or give you your money back for a little issue like this.

Go read the HTC Raider thread. Once the Raider came out barely anyone could use 4G / LTE & YET no one called in & complained to get money back. Why? Because they used their brain & thought it was a Network issue like this one is. The guy just wants his money back because he can not use LTE the way its supposed to yet he does not think that this LTE network was just launched 3 months ago in which it will have problems...
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats