Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

Thus far, I have not had any problems either making or receiving calls.  My only beef, is that the signal of LTE stinks around here..1 lousy bar....speed test shows d/l of about 6Mbps, not horrible, but way off the expected pace.  When LTE is sketchy, it takes a few seconds, while it hunts and pecks for the 4G signal, which is normally between 4 and 5 bars.

I hope that link gives you and others some ideas as to what's going on...

I'm Here A Lot

Driving through Burnaby today on Canada Way my phone would not make or recieve calls either.  I was only experiencing this in Vancouver up until today.  I switched my phone to gsm/HSPA and rebooted.  Its seems to be ok now.  Hopefully they get this LTE issue sorted out soon!

@offwiththeface....which problem were you referring to?
What getts me is that even staying in the same place I can see the signal change from LTE to 4G...and from 0 bars to 3-4 but no icon at all?
I'm Here A Lot

Well, my results were a bit better today.  only 1 missed call out of 10 of so tests during the day.

Hopefully it's only a temporary issue.

I'm Here A Lot

I live out in Surrey  and when I had my phone set to auto GSM/HSPA/LTE I would see the phone go from LTE with one bar to 4G with 4 bars then 4 bars without a letter then to no service at all and then back to LTE.  I have found so far that since I have set my phone to GSM/HSPA it stays on 4g and is pretty stable.  Its seems when I had it on LTE it would fluctuate like crazy as stated above.  Anyone else experience something similar?

Well yeah... see my post above!!
I Plan to Stick Around

Haven't received an official "it's fixed" from tech support or customer service, but I have noticed that previously notorious "bad" locations have improved a bit insofar as the amount of dropped/negated calls during LTE service.
Anyone else notice an "improvement" and/or differences?
I've Been Around

Hey guys

I just picked up a GS2 LTE a couple days ago, and got my LTE sim card and plan. But before I got the LTE sim card i could recieve calls just fine, afterwards though while on wifi I can make calls but not recieve.

I found a solution which is to change the network to only gsm from GSM/HSPA/LTE, which is kind of annoying as i have to do that everytime I connect to wifi. Anyone know anyway around it?

btw im not in the vancouver area, im in the toronto area if that makes a difference

thanks again

~Andrien

Update: So its not the wifi thats the problem, its the switiching from LTE to hspa to recieve calls, does anyone know if this is being fixed? especially in toronto?

I've Been Around

I have the same problem since the very first day I got my phone (4 weeks ago). Emergency calls and not registerst to the network message if I select the suto LTE/GSM/HSPA during 90% of the time - I am in Ottawa. My phone is reliable only if set to GSM ONLY. The phone just does not switches automatically from LTE to GSM or HSPA when LTE signal is weak. Really negative to Rogers. Very disapointed.Smiley Mad

Highlighted
I've Been Around

im in ottawa as well (kanata) had let problems since day 1. first they saidf it was my device. Even though it worked perfectly in toronto and and few spots in ottawa. they told me were theit towers were in relation to me. i drove out there turned navigatuion on and took screen shots of my phone and it clearly shows the phone not going into lte mode. they finally admitted their "may" be a networ issue after u emailed tech support the pics