Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

I recieved a phone call and I am hundreds of kilometers away from Ottawa. I recieved the call when I was in Barrie with my Samsung Galaxy S ll LTE and I answered it. But it automatically disconnected for some reason in which I have experienced it in Ottawa too with the LTE network. But I was on 4G HSPA because Barrie doesn't get LTE until the end of the year. It was even confirmed too by Rogers that Barrie gets LTE at the end of 2012.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I have randomly started experiencing this as well yesterday.

While on the LTE network, all calls go straight to voicemail and no texts go through. Data continues to work just fine.

As soon as I make a call and the phone downgrades to 3G (HSPA), then all my texts and WhoCalled messages come through all at once.

Does anyone have a solution? I know 100% its not me (unless its a physical issue like a bad SIM or hardware), because I restored my phone to a backup I had made on Friday when it was working just fine.

Phone: Galaxy Note 2, Stock firmware 4.1.2 (Rogers)
Network: Fido (same towers/baseband as Rogers)

Thanks!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello E-Man

When on LTE, the signal will drop to 3G as LTE right now is only data, not voice. That's why the drop is happening when on a call.

As for not receiving any phone calls, have you contacted Rogers to see maybe its something internal? Have you taken the sim card out and put it back in to see?
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Meowmix, I already understand the protocol as well as the fact that we do not yet have VO-LTE in Canada. Whats happening to me is that the "LTE handoff" to 3G when receiving a call is not happening.

I think this issue has just ended for me but not sure. I do believe it is network related.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello E-Man

I do indeed believe its network network related as well at this point
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Im having the same issues.  Temporary fix for myself was to turn off LTE.  I am able to receive phone calls.  Started happening yesturday for me (27-Jan) and just tested again today but enabling LTE.  Incoming phone calls go directly to voicemail.  Guess I'll be using 3G today again.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm also having this issue on my unlocked nexus 5, It started on sunday morning. I wasn't receiving any messages and someone told me they tried to call and it was like my phone was off. It took me till that night to figure out that turning off LTE seems to be the fix. I have been using LTE on this phone since it was new, as well as on my old unlocked optimus G and never had these issues. I guess I'll just wait for a real fix, as turning off LTE isn't really acceptable. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the same issue since Sunday. No text messages or callsbeing received. As soon as I drop my network down to 4G they work again and I received all of the messages that were queued up.

Is Rogers working on a fix for this? It has been 3 days now and I'm paying for an LTE service that is not fit for use.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello madunne

To be honest everyone is paying for LTE service AS it comes with your plan.... Anyway i am hoping Rogers fixes this BUT its a LTE issue, nothing is Rogers can do as LTE is data only, not voice and data.
I've Been Here Awhile

Turned LTE back on this morning and tested called my phone and it worked.  Seems the issue has been resolved.