Galaxy Note Jelly Bean Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Galaxy Note Jelly Bean Update

Dear Rogers,

According to the following post, http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/GeneralCareSupport/thread-id/355 the Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Note 1 was to arrive early January.

As it stands right now, we are at mid-january, with no indication on when  (and if) the update will be arriving in January.

Could you kindly let us know whether this update is going to be released and a specific date when users can expect it?

Thanks,

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy Note Jelly Bean Update

Hello puleen

They wong give you a exact date. Rogers never does that. Most likely will get pushed for the " Late January" or " Early Febuary".

This most likely will happen. Remember, that post is not always true and up to date. They change it every week or so.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, it is quite pathetic the track record of Rogers with them OEM's in providing timely updates to their hardware.

if they don't release it before February, I may just take the CM10 route and get Jelly bean that way.

Thanks Meowmix

I've Been Here Awhile

There are a few things going on here:

1.  Galaxy Note has sold well, but numbers are not amazing.  10 million sold is not a lot world-wide.  The number of Canadians that own a Note are small, even smaller when you consider those that use Rogers.

2.  Rogers is interested in new customers first.  New money is better than wasting time and money on an update for a small minority.

3.  Rogers has NO obligation to release any updates.  We already got one, what more do you want?

Just because some mod put a date in a schedule about an update doesn't mean it will happen.

This is Rogers after all!

I'm a Senior Contributor

I've got a question for you Rogers haters... has any other carrier in Canada officially released the JB update for the Galaxy Note?

If not, then who really is to blame here?  I would point fingers at Samsung Canada and not the carriers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

Here I will teach you something you did not know. Samsung Canada released the update to Rogers 5 months ago. You see I communicate with Samung Canada and have 3 emais and 2 phone calls recorded saying Rogers has it for the past 5 months.

Also please note that ROGERS went live on their community site saying that the update will come early January. I would suggest doing some research before comming in here and calling us " Rogers haters."

Does not matter what other carriers do. You seem NOT to understand that. Rogers went live saying the update will come out " Early January". That never happened. SO its Rogers fault.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello yousefer

1. That means nothing really. That is like saying Samsung will not update their phones because a small amount of people bought them.

2. That is correct. Rogers is more interested in new customers then old ones. The problem is new customers want phones that update with new software.

3. Even tho Rogers released one update, its up to Samsung if the phone will be update in the future. JB was promised from the carriers and Samsung Canada, that is why we want it. Also Rogers does have a obligation as they are supposed to be " First" with everything. They are a huge carrier in which supposed to update their phones and products.

It does mean it will happen. That post / thread in the end can get them in trouble if the update does not come out. If they post " GN getting JB by this time and it does not happen" that is false advertising and can lead them to have media look at it. MobileSyrup, Android Canada, 9T5mac and a few other high end sites see those posts. I am sure you are aware of that as well.
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers don't give a care about timely updates. I would suggest you to flash the update on your phone. I am sick of waiting for the updates.. so i flashed ROM of other carrier (NO bloatware at all).. Check out XDA developers to find firmwares or other mods for your phone.

I'm Here A Lot

They recently updated it to Late Feb.. and we don't have a reason to believe that it will be rolled out in feb either. So my advise to you is to flash your phone.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Majorpain

Not everyone wants to flash their phone with another ROM. This is something that has been said by many. Rogers has to give us a reason why its not being updated & its taking another month for us to wait.. I guess they can not give us a proper saying why its late.
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats