Galaxy Note 9 Battery Issues After Software Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy Note 9 Battery Issues After Software Update?

Hello @cafekief

As you know, Rogers isn't responsible for the software that Google built and Samsung sends out. They only add their bloatware on it.

Maybe it's best to contact Samsung Canada and speak to them about it. I know some have had issues like this and it was the software that caused this.

You could try and do a factory reset
That could help out as well. Try that and see.
Highlighted

Hello, @cafekief

Ensuring you have enough battery life is really important so you can ensure you always stay connected. 

We have not received any details about a known issue but we have seen reports that highlight McAfee as a source of high battery usage. Can you confirm if there are any issues after a factory reset of your device, and before anything is restored/reinstalled on the device?

Have any other users in the Community experienced issues with battery drain after the October security update? 

RogersTony

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

I have note 9 thu rogers and it sucks the battery down from 50 plus percent to down to 2% within 1.5hrs, they did an improvement on singal but I think my moms place(rancher) is made out of metal... It never gets LTE+ (the plus network speeds...) so my mom has s8 and the same problem but at the end of day she has 75% battery or more... So I don't know why my phone drainage is fast..??

Highlighted

Afternoon @cafekief,

Are you on the latest OS? Have you noticed a change in battery life post the update?

Any other Note 9 users in the Community experiencing anything similar?

RogersZia

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Really bad battery drain after June security update.... It's was a big update too 950mb or more, why so bad now?? I live in Surrey, BC and travel all over.... For wrk, it's very bad battery drain
Highlighted

Hello  cafekief,

Thank you for posting your concern, we know how important it is to stay connected at all times and we’d love to look into the situation with you.

We haven’t received any complaints so far after the update. Do you notice any particular app draining the battery?

Anybody else in the Community having a similar issue?

Awaiting your reply.

RogersRob

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cafekief

Have you tried to do a back up and then a factory reset? Sometimes the software can cause a glitch which the internal apps or system could be using more battery then it should.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

If I do a backup and reset, won't I have the ssame problem when I reload everything again? Sorry, not really that smart when it comes to phones. My battery is awful. I only use my phone for texting, talking (not  much) and reading and writing emails. 

Thanks

Highlighted

Hello, @SBRECH

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thanks so much for posting your concerns. A factory reset can resolve many software related issues and is a troubleshooting step that we sometimes recommend.

There are a few things you can check before doing a factory reset. Your operating system should be able to tell you what application is draining the battery. Please go into the Settings on your device, scroll down to Device care, tap on Battery, then tap on Battery usage.

You should find information here that will help you determine what is causing the battery drain and when it is occurring as well as when it is occurring.

Let the community know if you are able to find the root of the battery drain.

RogersTony

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Display cutt out time... Set to 2 mins ago from 30secs an week ago... And it resets back to 30secs.... Also bit of a battery drain... Need a good fix... More than like 150mbs