Galaxy Note 9 Battery Issues After Software Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Galaxy Note 9 Battery Issues After Software Update?

I noticed today my battery only lasted 1.5 days, used to be 2.5 days... Rogers released a security update yesterday and it's no good.

**Labels Added**

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy Note 9 Battery Issues After Software Update?

Hello @cafekief

Rogers although released the update, Samsung is responsible for any battery issues as this is a security update brought by Samsung. Rogers just released it.

Have you contacted Samsung Canada regarding this?
I've Been Here Awhile

Although this happened just after the update...and I got it too for my s7 edge.. I don't think this is due to the update as my father who has a blackberry is also having a huge battery issue that started at the same time as ours and he has not received an update.

Some notes:
- my batt today is at most giving me half of what I was able to get out of it just 4 days ago
- my father claims he's never had a battery issue before this week

I would suggest that they have done something to their network that is forcing more constant communication between the towers/network and our phones/devices. I'm curious how many others are having this issue? And if all phones are affected?
I'm a Regular

For sure. Im noticing this while am on bus in a 25 min or so time lapse I went from 100% to 89% usually I noticed back like a week ago it would still be like 96-97% of battery left. Is this everywhere? I usually travel from middle of surrey, BC to south surrey
Highlighted

Hello @cafekief,

Ensuring you have enough battery life to last the day is important so I can imagine how frustrating it is to be dealing with this battery drain, all of a sudden.

We are not aware of any issues specific to the Note 9. Sometimes existing applications on the phone may not be performing properly with the new software and need to be updated/reinstalled. There should also be a battery monitor in Settings > Battery > Battery Usage that should display high usage apps.

Once you've determined if there is a specific App causing the drain you can take action.

Let the Community know how things go! 😃

RogersTony

I'm a Regular

@RogersTony  having the issue again! for the like almost month, I barely get a full=day out of the battery! Only have like 10-12 stable apps on my phone E.g. Instagram/spotify/messager/Whatsapp/youtube/myRogers....

i see Android pie (9.0) is coming Feb 11th next Monday will this speed/fixup things on the phone?

Hello @cafekief

It's disappointing that you've been experiencing these issues for almost a month already. =(

I use a Note 9 and often get almost 2.5 days on a full charge. I do tend to keep mid-power saver mode on with the brightness low to conserve power, so my usage may not be the same as yours.

You can find the changelogs for Android Pie by clicking here. There is a section specifically related to the Adaptive Battery feature that may relate specifically to the issues you've been experiencing. It looks like it will improve on Battery life! While it is based on each person's usage habits it seems promising you will notice an improvement with Android Pie.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I'm a Regular

Samsung galaxy note 9 battery drain

From being u plug for two hrs my phone went from 100% to In between 50-60% battery left. Is there an update coming our way in next couple of weeks to fix this issue and maybe speed up performance too? OR It's it the Cappy LTE+ OUT IN HERE IN #MERTOVANCOUVER?

Hello @cafekief,

Just based on the posts above, it does seem like a handful of people are experiencing the same battery issues as you. Have you had a chance to review the Adaptive Battery feature as mentioned by RogersTony here?

If you haven't experienced these same issues prior to the update, I wouldn't think they're related to the network in your location.

RogersZia