Galaxy Note 2 - 4.3 update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Galaxy Note 2 - 4.3 update

Samsung has announced this update has launched.  People in the US have already received it.  I'm wondering when Rogers customers will be getting it.

I've been itching to put a 3rd party ROM on this phone, to overcome some major bugs (screen rotation, and the horribly jittery compass).  But before I try a 3rd party ROM, I figured I would try Samsung's update, but it's been almost 1 year waiting.  

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy Note 2 - 4.3 update

Hello LifelsOnTheWire

It was announced by Samsung Canada it would have been released within November. Today Samsung said that the Note 2 and S3 will get the update starting November 29th. So this depends on the carriers.  You wont get the info until the release a announcement saying its out.  It will be via the " OS Upgrade Schedule" thread or mobile syrup or someone else will post it.  

In a press release today, Samsung has stated that the Galaxy S3 and Note II will also receive an update “starting on November 29th,” but noted “timing varies by device and carrier/retailer.”

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/11/21/samsung-price-dropping-galaxy-gear-to-280-galaxy-siii-and-note-ii-...

I've Been Here Awhile

I have Note II SGH-I317M and is currently updating to 4.3 as we speak. Horray for Rogers actually putting something out ontime/before other Canadian Carriers.Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

All up and running 4.3 looks great thus far!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello austin25

Great to hear its out! Now everyone can enjoy it!
I'm Here A Lot

I am reading reports of huge battery drain on the international versions. Is anyone experiencing this after updating?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnthonyVeloso

My buddy said he has been running it all day and no issues. It could depend on every unit tho.
I Plan to Stick Around

So far so good. Not noticed any battery drain. I am just wondering how I can get the black background back for my emails though.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello brodger

Good to hear! :). My buddy is loving the new update.
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone know how to switch the mail background back to black. Not crazy about the new mail set up.
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats