FLEXtab Paid Off, But Still Charged Monthly!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maggie66
I've Been Around

FLEXtab Paid Off, But Still Charged Monthly!

My Samsung s5 mini was paid for last March. O am still being charged for it. What can I do?

**Labels Added**

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: FLEXtab Paid Off, But Still Charged Monthly!

Ya isn't that funny. You are on contract for 2 years paying a device supplement. Then your contract ends and it continues on a month to month bases but the device supplement does not stop.

Change your plan to a "bring your own device" or change provider and bring your own device.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Correct.

While I agree, that it should drop down on its own afterwards.. thats another argument.

If  you call in, as stated above, ask them to drop you down to the the  BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE version of the plan, will save you that money.  Usually in the $10-15 range.

nasa25
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup, if you’re on a subsidy tier plan (ultra, premium plus, premium, smart) and your device is paid off, you’re still paying the same monthly amount for the plan so in essence Rogers is getting whatever your monthly subsidy was as profit.

The smart thing to do would be to upgrade the second your subsidy is paid off or to drop down to a BYOD tier.

beingscammed
I've Been Around

that is a scam !!! if you paid for a device and then the device is paid why should n e one have to call in to change that plan your on finance with your phone bank wont charge you the next month on your mortgage if it was the last payment!!!
Babylegs1
I Plan to Stick Around

Usually the prices after 2 years are higher anyway.
RogersCorey

Hello @beingscammed!

You have been heard and we've made changes to the way we finance devices.

With the way our device financing works now, it is billed separately from the plan itself. Financing allows customers on approved credit to finance phones, tablets, smartwatches and accessories for $0 down. You’ll pay off the total financed amount through equal monthly payments over a 24-month period. There is 0% interest on financing.

If you are on an older plan and would like to renegotiate your options with us, please PM us @CommunityHelps

If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

GibMcFragger
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I would like to point out that, although there technically is no interest on the financing, the retail prices the carriers (not just Rogers) use to calculate the financing amount is normally higher than the actual retail price of the device. To pick just one example. 128GB iPhone 12 Pro from Apple: $1399. Rogers charges $1440.

That’s how they get around not charging interest, but still get to make money off of you.
Babylegs1
I Plan to Stick Around

How many people can walk into a store and buy a full hone outright? Majority of people finance because its more affordable
GibMcFragger
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yep. My point was that zero interest isn’t really zero interest. It’s just worked into the inflated retail prices.