cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling WiFi calling on Motorola G5 Plus (not purchased from Rogers)

thasan10
I've been here awhile

Is it possible to get WiFi calling option on Rogers on a Motorola G5 Plus?

I am a Rogers' customer but I really enjoy the Motorola G5 Plus features including the FM radio but the WiFi calling feature is not enabled when I insert a Rogers' SIM. This is typical if you do not purchase the device from the said carrier.

I am hoping I can get some help on this.

Thanks.

*Edited Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Enabling WiFi calling on Motorola G5 Plus (not purchased from Rogers)

RogersCorey

Hi @thasan10!

Welcome to our Community!

That sounds like a feature rich device! Unfortunately, we can only guarantee that network features will work on phones that we provide.

Does WiFi Calling work when you insert your SIM into another device? If so, then that would indicate the G5 Plus isn't fully supported by our network. If however it's not working on any device, we should troubleshoot.

Please PM us if you need to troubleshoot 🙂 You can find instructions on how to PM us here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersCorey

Hi @thasan10!

Welcome to our Community!

That sounds like a feature rich device! Unfortunately, we can only guarantee that network features will work on phones that we provide.

Does WiFi Calling work when you insert your SIM into another device? If so, then that would indicate the G5 Plus isn't fully supported by our network. If however it's not working on any device, we should troubleshoot.

Please PM us if you need to troubleshoot 🙂 You can find instructions on how to PM us here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

thasan10
I've been here awhile

Yes, the WiFi calling works on my S7 Edge and iPhone 5S purchased from Rogers.

"Phones we provide".

That, of course, would include the LG V20, which, like many of your other Android devices has the ability to use WiFi calling but you simply won't allow it.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation