Email setup

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Email setup

I recently switched from iphone4s to Note3. I'm having a problem receiving emails from my godaddy account. I've 4 email accounts setup successfuly on the settings but when I receive emails, they disappear after viewing them in the inbox. However, my other email accounts with Rogers and gmail are both normal, i.e. emails are retained in the inbox. Please advise what to do.
Thanks,
Rob

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersShaan
Retired Moderator

Re: Email setup

Hi, please try these settings. If anyone if the coummunity has more info please feel free to jump in.

Incoming Settings  POP
Port 995
Server  pop.broadband.rogers.com
SSL Checked/Enabled

Outgoing Settings  SMTP
Port 465
Server  smtp.broadband.rogers.com
SSL Checked/Enabled
I'm Here A Lot

Shall I replace my godaddy account setting with your suggested settings?

Thanks,

Rob

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The above settings, are only good for a ROGER email account.

Do you download/view the email on any other device other than the phone... and if so, how?

I'm Here A Lot

Hi... my Rogers account is fine. The problem is with my godaddy account (not really sure if it's an account related problem). All my emails from different servers (Rogers, gmail, bell, godaddy) are fine on my PC. However, on my new Samsung Note 3, only godaddy email is not working properly. All the rest are ok.

Here's the detailed description of my problem as posted previously.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Android/thread-id/22969

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Took a peek at your other post..

At least for the OTHER issue (the no folders thing) usually that only happens, you get the folders, etc.. when you connect an email via an IMAP or ACTIVESYNC type connection... that the phone itself has a pre-defined setup for the type of account, and sets it up as an imap or activesync.. and is able to to full folder syncro, etc.
A POP connection, this doesnt happen.

As for the emails disapearing... that i still have no clue on 😞

I'm Here A Lot

I spoke with Rogers Tech Expert Department (Susan) and we were able to recreate the problem (Ticket # 256575) while talking on the phone. After doing trial & error (changing and testing all possible pop/imap settings), the problem remains the same, i.e. emails are automatically gets deleted from the inbox after within 10-25 mins. She advised me to do backup, reset to factory default, not to do restore and re-configure just one godaddy email account just to see if that helps. Unfortunately, it didn't resolve the issue. I'm back to the original problem.

I bought this phone at a Rogers store almost 2 weeks ago and I've been dealing with this issue for 2 weeks now. Can you please help me to replace it without going through the same lengthy process of explaining the problem to customer service again. I have an open ticket so I hope that would justify it, unless there's a new idea from the community to rectify this problem. I'm willing to give it a try, but I'm kind of getting impatient because it's now impacting my business...

Thanks,

Rob

I've Been Around

I have new LG G4. Can receive email but not send.

Hello, @Papabern

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your post. The issue you are having, is it with the @rogers.com email? It sounds like the outgoing mail server needs to be checked for the correct name, port number etc. Please provide us more details so that we can find a solution, thank you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

I have a Rogers email. How do I get it into my computer?