cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double, Triple, Quadruple Text Messages

AccordXTC
I'm a reliable contributor

I'm hoping someone people here can shead some light on this issue of getting double, triple, quarduple text messages. I've had this issue with more then one model of phone and have tried new sim cards, account resets, factory resets and changed settings for VoLTE and anything else Rogers wants you to try. 

I've had a ticket open since MAY 9th! As much as I like the fact "Rogers continues to work on resolving the matter" phone calls. Enough is enough. Who takes this long to try to resolve an issue. I know from the master ticket as of last month there was over 600+ people with this issue which makes you wonder how many does it take for them to figure this out. 

Not only is it annoying that it happens daily but it also kills the battery on the device.

Has anyone been able to resolve the issue or is the resolve I'm thinking the only option is switching providers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Double, Triple, Quadruple Text Messages

Hi @Ronelljtech,

Welcome to the forums! 

If you're still encountering this issue, I can troubleshoot and reliably resolve these types of issues for you from here.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps and I will further assist. If you're not familiar with Private Messaging, you can find out more info at our blog here: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/30

Thanks!

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

RogersCorey

Hi @AccordXTC,

If the issue has been ongoing for this long, I can definitely look into this and request priority escalation if need be.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps and I will further assist.

Thank you,

RogersCorey

Dx9
Have had this on most Android phones I have had especially Samsung devices. I get double texts and triple texts from my wife and friends each day. Same goes for them receiving my texts. I've had this for years. Nobody has figured it out yet.

Jay_AndroidFan
I plan to stick around

I also have this issue. It's gotten much worse in the past 6 months. It seems to happen most often when texting my wife - then again, I don't text anyone else as often as my wife. (90% of my texting is with her)

Both of us are on ROGERS WIRELESS. She has an iPhone SE, purchased from Rogers.
I currently have a OnePlus 3 - however, just 2 weeks ago I had an LG G4 (purchased from Rogers) which had the identical issue, going back at least 9 months. There was no change in the frequency of this issue when I switched phones.

The double-texting occurs on both my side and my wife's side. i.e. She might receive double copies of a text message I send; likewise, I may receive double copies of a text message she sends.

It has no relation to VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling, because while the LG G4 supported those technologies, my current phone (OP3) does not.

While this isn't a serious issue, it's definitely a huge inconvenience and we would appreciate Rogers Wireless looking into it ASAP.

AccordXTC

I have also been dealing with the office of the president and had my VoLTE disabled and notice I'm not getting text messaging issue. But that being said I really don't think Rogers knows what to think or to do.

Having this disabled has now stopped my from making video calls. They break one thing to fix another as a temp fix. But seeing how my ticket is from May 9th of this year I doubt its going to be resolved this year. 

I don't know what to think and have wasted so much time trying to resolve it

Ronelljtech
I've been here awhile
I'm also having issues with receiving and sending double texts and it hasn't been the first time and it's been with multiple device's. No response in terms of an acknowledgment of an issue yet.... ?

Hi @Ronelljtech,

Welcome to the forums! 

If you're still encountering this issue, I can troubleshoot and reliably resolve these types of issues for you from here.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps and I will further assist. If you're not familiar with Private Messaging, you can find out more info at our blog here: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/30

Thanks!

RogersCorey

I'm getting this problem kn my Galaxy s10+. What's the solution? Switch to Telus or bell?

satdan
I plan to stick around

I believe the root of the issue is when an iPhone user sends you a text.  If they have you in both iMessage and in sms on the iPhone it will sometimes send double texts.

This double/triple text messaging issue has been going on for a couple of years for me. It happens on my S6 and now it is happening on my S10+. It happens maybe 5 or 6 times a month where my friends receive double texts from me. Sometimes right away some times it takes a day or 2.

My daughter now uses my S6 (a Rogers phone that was factory reset) and I am getting double/triple texts from her.

Also every now and then I will not get texts from someone in a group chat (where there are 3 of us texting) and then all of a sudden an hour or so later I get all their texts at once.

Rogers really needs to fix this issue.

This is happening to me as well. My pixel 2 and 4 via the Rogers service. Happens to my wife as well

CataCluj
I've been here awhile

In 2023 I still have this problem both when my daughter sends texts and sometimes when I send texts! SHAME!

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 10 in conversation