Double / Failed Text Messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Double / Failed Text Messages

@RogersMaude wrote:

Some customers have reported experiencing issues sending texts or receiving duplicates.

We are actively working at resolving this problem and service will be restored as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

We are always very greatful when you take the time to bring issues up to our attention.

I am confident that it will be rectified shortly.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause and thank you for understanding.

RogersMaude

Hi Community! 

As @RogersMaude previously mentioned we are aware of this issue and we are working towards a resolution as I type this. We will update the community when we have more information to share.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Double / Failed Text

Forever dealing with bad failed messages and recieving triple messages back.

Ok Rogers...my cell phone is getting horrible to deal with..i got a message that was from an hour ago from being sent 3 times!!!. Is this because rogers is using the mts towers that are now bell??? Come on reboot already.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CMR1What phone are you using? a Samsung? When I had my Samsung S6 I had this issue all the time, very annoying.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @CMR1

Seems to be a issues for months now. Even Mobilesyrup has posted this before.

My girlfriend has a iPhone 7 while I am using a LG G4. It's been happening for the past couple of days but I can say that most device I have owned this has happened only with Rogers / Fido. Annoying for sure.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Turn off VoLTE. Look it up how to turn it off and do it. Simple fix, problem solved for me immediately.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I've recently been experiencing the problem with the receipt and sending of multiple text messages with my Samsung Galaxy 7.    Anything I can do or better yet anything you can do to fix this

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Turn off VoLTE! This is what you can do and the issue goes away immediately, you posted right under the solution.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I did try turning off the LTE in settings but still sent and received duplicate text messages. Whatever happened on Rogers end remedied the duplicate messages.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I don't think you understand the difference between a resolution and a temporary workaround.

But without making any changes to my phone, i started sending and receiving messages normally today, no failed or dupplicated messages.

So for those who have turned off VoLTE (Voice Over LTE) because someone told you to,  i think you can turn it back on now.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I comprehend fully the difference. I was interested in immediate results not endless whining. My ends were served by disabling this useless function. VoLTE does not offer me personally, any benefit and I will leave it off.