Does anyone have the LG V30

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Does anyone have the LG V30

I called in again and they stated not available for business, at least not the corp plan I am on.....Brutal

I've Been Here Awhile

I was able to order the LG V30 on Monday on a business plan. On Friday I found out that it is backordered.....it is all about the DAC for me, so I will wait it out.

I Plan to Stick Around

Same here and the DAC is totally worth it believe me. I use both my Sennheiser HD380 and Beyerdynamic DT 770 with the LG V30 and all I can say is wow.
I've Been Here Awhile

Good to know..I am am looking forward to see what the V30 does when plugged in to a full stereo amplifier as well.

I've Been Around

How has the phone stood up to a couple months of use?

The reviews online talk about: a) a lot of bloatware installed. Is that the case for Rogers?

b) Weak autofocus on the camera. Has this possibly been fixed with updates?

c) Poor screen coloring. Is weird or blotchy coloring?

Thanks in advance

I Plan to Stick Around

I still have mine...so that is a good sign Smiley Happy More importantly I still love it. There is some bloat for sure...nothing that cant be either disabled or hidden. Nothing that impacts the phone performance and/or makes it any less of a joy to use. Using different launchers will impact the options you have to hide or minimize the bloat from appearing in your tray. I am a huge Nexus/Pixel guy and the bloat that is present doesn't bother me. Can't say I have had any issues with either the camera AF or the screen. I did adjust some of the display setting to my preferences and still don't understand all the hoopla about this device having a bad screen. Maybe I got lucky and dodged a bullet and got a "good one" who knows.

My only real gripe is ridiculously slow updates....again being a Nexus/Pixel guy this may not have been the device for me given hoe much I like updates. I have kept it since LG confirmed with he enterprise certification that 8.0/8.1 are pending. A little annoyed it is taking so long for Oreo, but I also suspect Rogers is to blame as much as LG since I ma sure keeping this device updated isn't a priority for either. Will try to be patient and wait....but likely to go back to a Pixel when the V3 comes out in fall.

Having said all that, the reason I wanted this phone in the first place was the quad DAC.....and that has never failed to impress me. This is an audiophile's dream device. Aside from that I likely would have stuck with the Pixel devices.....but then again look at all the issues the Pixel 2 had on release Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

I love my V30. No screen issues I can see. The only thing is the volume. I find it not as loud and I used to use Goodev volume booster on my G5 but doesn't work on V30. Other than that great phone
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered the lg v30 on april 26th and I got a call telling me it will be a month-long wait due to back order lol.

So my question is, it worth the wait?  I wanted this phone mainly for the DAC, and I'm not really bothered about

the 5mp front camera or android versions etc.  Thanks.  

I Plan to Stick Around

If you love music yes.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It just arrived today, and wow.  I upgraded from a 2015 galaxy a5 and omg , the lg is a HUGE upgrade.  My head is spinning from all the features.  Now the interesting thing is that it came with Android 8.0 on it with the ThinQ update.

Everything seems to work ok.  But what a phone!!  Thanks Rogers!