cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have the LG V30

dmr
I Plan to Stick Around

I have called into Rogers Business side numerous times and they have 0 in stock.  I am shocked that none are available as the reps I talk to state I'm the first person they have talked to asking for one.  Something doesn't seem right.

Anyone have one and if so, where did you get it?

***EDITED LABELS***

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does anyone have the LG V30

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @dmr

It seems like they barely got any stock from LG. Same with Bell. They can place the order but it will on back stock. Meaning that u may not get it for weeks until they get shipment in.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @dmr

Unfortunately stores do not carry this device. You would need to call in and have them order th device for u (its going to be backordered until they get it).

You would also check Best Buy or Walmart but I have heard they don't have either.

dmr
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the reply.  I was told it would have to be through calling into Rogers.  So far, no stock. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @dmr

It seems like they barely got any stock from LG. Same with Bell. They can place the order but it will on back stock. Meaning that u may not get it for weeks until they get shipment in.

dmr
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the reply.  Looks like I may go with Note 8 then.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @dmr

Note 8 is a great phone. Enjoy!

dmr
I Plan to Stick Around

well i called back to rogers business today and they stated Lg V30 is only available to residential customers, not business customers....not sure how true this is, but maybe it is.

Shredrex
I Plan to Stick Around

I have V30....but I am also a resendential customer. On release no stores had any stock, the only way to get them was online and as hardware upgrades for existing customers. At least that was what I was told by a customer service rep via DM. Was a bit of a fiasco trying to get one, but came quick so I must have been one of the lucky few that got it on launch. GREAT phone let me tell ya!

lascula7
I've Been Around
I ordered one the first day it was available and received it in a few days. Awesome phone!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @lascula7

Very nice!! Enjoy!:)

dmr
I Plan to Stick Around

I called in again and they stated not available for business, at least not the corp plan I am on.....Brutal

BytheBay
I've Been Here Awhile

I was able to order the LG V30 on Monday on a business plan. On Friday I found out that it is backordered.....it is all about the DAC for me, so I will wait it out.

Shredrex
I Plan to Stick Around
Same here and the DAC is totally worth it believe me. I use both my Sennheiser HD380 and Beyerdynamic DT 770 with the LG V30 and all I can say is wow.

BytheBay
I've Been Here Awhile

Good to know..I am am looking forward to see what the V30 does when plugged in to a full stereo amplifier as well.

How has the phone stood up to a couple months of use?

The reviews online talk about: a) a lot of bloatware installed. Is that the case for Rogers?

b) Weak autofocus on the camera. Has this possibly been fixed with updates?

c) Poor screen coloring. Is weird or blotchy coloring?

Thanks in advance

Shredrex
I Plan to Stick Around

I still have mine...so that is a good sign 🙂 More importantly I still love it. There is some bloat for sure...nothing that cant be either disabled or hidden. Nothing that impacts the phone performance and/or makes it any less of a joy to use. Using different launchers will impact the options you have to hide or minimize the bloat from appearing in your tray. I am a huge Nexus/Pixel guy and the bloat that is present doesn't bother me. Can't say I have had any issues with either the camera AF or the screen. I did adjust some of the display setting to my preferences and still don't understand all the hoopla about this device having a bad screen. Maybe I got lucky and dodged a bullet and got a "good one" who knows.

My only real gripe is ridiculously slow updates....again being a Nexus/Pixel guy this may not have been the device for me given hoe much I like updates. I have kept it since LG confirmed with he enterprise certification that 8.0/8.1 are pending. A little annoyed it is taking so long for Oreo, but I also suspect Rogers is to blame as much as LG since I ma sure keeping this device updated isn't a priority for either. Will try to be patient and wait....but likely to go back to a Pixel when the V3 comes out in fall.

Having said all that, the reason I wanted this phone in the first place was the quad DAC.....and that has never failed to impress me. This is an audiophile's dream device. Aside from that I likely would have stuck with the Pixel devices.....but then again look at all the issues the Pixel 2 had on release 🙂

dmr
I Plan to Stick Around
I love my V30. No screen issues I can see. The only thing is the volume. I find it not as loud and I used to use Goodev volume booster on my G5 but doesn't work on V30. Other than that great phone

cuca
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered the lg v30 on april 26th and I got a call telling me it will be a month-long wait due to back order lol.

So my question is, it worth the wait?  I wanted this phone mainly for the DAC, and I'm not really bothered about

the 5mp front camera or android versions etc.  Thanks.  

Shredrex
I Plan to Stick Around
If you love music yes.

cuca
I Plan to Stick Around

It just arrived today, and wow.  I upgraded from a 2015 galaxy a5 and omg , the lg is a HUGE upgrade.  My head is spinning from all the features.  Now the interesting thing is that it came with Android 8.0 on it with the ThinQ update.

Everything seems to work ok.  But what a phone!!  Thanks Rogers!

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 in conversation