cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Rogers wipe out data before reselling phone ?

Yu332
I've been here awhile

Hey guys , my mom had recently returned a new phone after 8 days. But she forgot to wipe out data ( not much probably), just wondering does the store do a factory reset before reselling in general? Thanks

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does Rogers wipe out data before reselling phone ?

RogersTony

Hello, @Yu332

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We're sad to hear that the device your mom purchased did not live up to her expectations. 😞

It is always recommended to factory reset/remove personal information for any devices that you are planning to return/trade-in. Rogers will also wipe the device when you trade it in; however, Rogers is not responsible for any loss or recovery of personal data if this was not done prior to returning your device.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersTony

Hello, @Yu332

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We're sad to hear that the device your mom purchased did not live up to her expectations. 😞

It is always recommended to factory reset/remove personal information for any devices that you are planning to return/trade-in. Rogers will also wipe the device when you trade it in; however, Rogers is not responsible for any loss or recovery of personal data if this was not done prior to returning your device.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor
Rogers may wipe it, but it's not useable, because it will have the FRP on. If she didn't log out of her Google account before trading it in, it will ask for her password before it can be used again (after a factory reset).

Yu332
I've been here awhile
I don't think she sign into a Google account. Maybe just a few text messages and a few photos.
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation